I'm not a WIS, but....Omega, Rolex, TAG etc

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marc,

1st question: Is there a way of storing the results to record & monitor performance measurement over time? (Apols, it's not obvious to me)

2nd question: I messed up my first 12hr measure, but my next two have given me +3.9 and then + 1.9 ; with that variance, I suspect the 12hr gap may not be large enough for my competence level, what is the maximum interval between measurements?

Thanks

Hi again Brown dog (cool name by the way :D )

1) Results are stored in our system, we are working on providing a cool display and when it'll be done on our side, we will inform our users !

2) There is no maximal interval between the two synchronization. As long as your watch keeps running, you're fine ! Actually, the more your wait, the more precise it'll be !

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your feedback :)

Marc

Hi again Brown dog (cool name by the way :D )

1) Results are stored in our system, we are working on providing a cool display and when it'll be done on our side, we will inform our users !

2) There is no maximal interval between the two synchronization. As long as your watch keeps running, you're fine ! Actually, the more your wait, the more precise it'll be !

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your feedback :)

Marc

Thanks Marc! :) I'm sure my trouble to date has been 'finger trouble' - I'll keep trying.

A graphical (as well as tabular) representation would be neat - with the ability to delete errant data points (such as my +358!)

(I thought all Swiss men were riflemen?! :) (did a military competition out of Neuchâtel many years ago, I seem to remember that just about every village we passed through had its own rifle range!))

Thanks Marc! :) I'm sure my trouble to date has been 'finger trouble' - I'll keep trying.

A graphical (as well as tabular) representation would be neat - with the ability to delete errant data points (such as my +358!)

(I thought all Swiss men were riflemen?! :) (did a military competition out of Neuchâtel many years ago, I seem to remember that just about every village we passed through had its own rifle range!))

Actually I'm French, not Swiss, I moved to Switzerland so that I could work for the watch industry and I'm nuts about watches ! But it's true that there a lot of rifle range :)

Thanks for your input ;)

Have a great Sunday,

Marc

Well, on the hunt for perfect time, I slowly remembered that gps time will be the most accurate available (remembered this when watching time.is simultaneously on 2 different devices and seeing the time vary by up to a second between the two - internet latency)....so downloaded the Gps checker app.

After 5 days, my watch is on +2.2 sec per day. Toolwatch gave me +1.9 to +2.1. I'd call that a match :)

Well, on the hunt for perfect time, I slowly remembered that gps time will be the most accurate available (remembered this when watching time.is simultaneously on 2 different devices and seeing the time vary by up to a second between the two - internet latency)....so downloaded the Gps checker app.

After 5 days, my watch is on +2.2 sec per day. Toolwatch gave me +1.9 to +2.1. I'd call that a match :)

So in real terms a minute per month accuracy or 12 minutes per year, which will actually be a max of 6 minutes error at any one point in 'time' - good enough fo me

Re. GPS, timestamp - i'll go ask our 'naviguessers' about this?

After reading all this I'll go and check my watch. :)

T

Matt - misunderstanding here, I was going to ask our guys about your 1 second difference, I'm reasonably conversant with GPS, rgps, dgps, gps gyros etc. I just had this memory of 1PPS updates re GPS strings which would explain your 1second difference in computer times.

This I clearly getting too hi tech for me.....

From the recommendation above I have been playing with the Watch Accuracy app and if i'm reading correctly it just gave me 0.1 seconds per day accuracy on my Sea Dweller. I very much doubt that is true or repeatable but I'll quit while I'm ahead!!!

Tony

Matt - misunderstanding here, I was going to ask our guys about your 1 second difference, I'm reasonably conversant with GPS, rgps, dgps, gps gyros etc. I just had this memory of 1PPS updates re GPS strings which would explain your 1second difference in computer times.

? Don't think internet time is derived from gps - and I think internet latency comes from varied processing times and varying miles of electric string.

This I clearly getting too hi tech for me.....

From the recommendation above I have been playing with the Watch Accuracy app and if i'm reading correctly it just gave me 0.1 seconds per day accuracy on my Sea Dweller. I very much doubt that is true or repeatable but I'll quit while I'm ahead!!!

Tony

:lol: Good call! (New style Sea Dweller or 'classic'?)

Can also apply to those whom have an interest in cars.

I have the following:

Rolex Sea Dweller

Heuer Carrera

Omega - military 1942

CWC - 1977

Hamilton - 1974

? Don't think internet time is derived from gps - and I think internet latency comes from varied processing times and varying miles of electric string.

:lol: Good call! (New style Sea Dweller or 'classic'?)

New one. In started of looking for an older model but really liked the ceramic bezel. Found one in duty free on a trip.

Tony

New one. In started of looking for an older model but really liked the ceramic bezel. Found one in duty free on a trip.

Tony

It's a big watch - I imagine the fact that you're roughly 9ft tall means you can carry it off, on me it looked like a housebrick on a strap!

It's a big watch - I imagine the fact that you're roughly 9ft tall means you can carry it off, on me it looked like a housebrick on a strap!

It's not too large compared to say a Sub or a GMT, just a little thicker. I did try a Deep Sea at the same time and it just looked comical.

I have a few other watches but it has turned into a favourite although I'm just as likely to wear a beaten up Suunto or a 1980s Citizen Aqualand as the more expensive ones. I do fancy a Traser as a beater too......

"Old eyes" make me reach for the simpler dial watches :-(

It's time for laser surgery I think, reading glasses are p1ssing me off!

Anyone here have a Nite Watch?

I have an MX10 model in full stainless. It's Quartz and keeps excellent time. Since I bought it 11 months ago I hardly wear my Longines dress watch. My Nite is a tool, I don't mind scratching the bracelet as I'm sure it'll polish out with wet & dry. The illumination is absolutely fantastic and it's codified too.10% discount for MoD.

I've worn GTLS watches, predominantly Traser, since about 2000. They're good, but definitely 'consumable' - I've broken 2 (on one, one of the plastic case lugs broke, on another, the second hand fell off under repeated 12bore recoil!). In the 'spare' drawer now, I have a Luminox mid-size diver and an MWC GTLS. The Luminox has probably been the best of the lot, but, for me, the problem with it - and most of the GTLS watches (less the MWC) is that they squarely hit every branch when they fell out of the fugly tree - they have to be amongst the least aesthetic watches available.

(Actually, that's not true, the utter utter fugliest watches on the planet have to be Patek Phillipe!)

Look at the one on the right - the most amazing illum markers.....but piddly little hands.

I think they do it to annoy me!

(There was, for a time, a Luminox that looked a lot like a sub. Sadly, they're rocking horse poo, they went back to fugly as soon as they realised they'd created something aesthetic!)

I quite like the look of the Nite Icon, especially the T100 version. I have been eyeing one of these for those long winter evening drives on the motorway.T100-vs-T25.jpg

We've just been down to Nice for a week. I drove through the night on the Autoroute; my son commented on the luminosity of my watch. I also like the fact that the strap is screw fixed to the case, and that appart from the Swiss quartz movement it British made in Christchurch.

I wear the thing 24/7 and if I wake in the night I can always read the time, unlike my auto dimming DAB clock radio for which I now need to wear my reading glasses to distinguish the numbers in the dead of night.

My MX10 has withstood heavy sessions of axe usage whilst splitting a pile of logs for the wood burner and where others have fallen apart this remains intact!

Funny we've had a few comments on recoil and vibration (axe).

Trying to remember which watch it was that I once had. It was only relatively cheap but worked fine and fitted the bill...... until I went shooting a few targets!

I didn't get it to start with but then realised the thing was useless under the influence of recoil. I ended up donating it to one of my sons so as to avoid smashing it with frustration.

The ceramic bezels are lovely and well worth having, my crystal is scratched in places but the bezel totally unmarked, very tough stuff although there are a few people out there who have managed to "chip" them quite badly. Fairly expensive to replace especially considering the inlays are platinum.

Love the Glidelock on the deepsea/new sea-dweller 4k, a fantastic feature that's been perfectly executed. Must be the best bracelet system out there! :wub:

The ceramic bezels are lovely and well worth having, my crystal is scratched in places but the bezel totally unmarked, very tough stuff although there are a few people out there who have managed to "chip" them quite badly. Fairly expensive to replace especially considering the inlays are platinum.

Love the Glidelock on the deepsea/new sea-dweller 4k, a fantastic feature that's been perfectly executed. Must be the best bracelet system out there! :wub:

I know it's horses for courses, but I just can't bring myself to like the new fat lug design on any of their sport watches - I'm definitely a 5 digit serial fan, the six digit just don't 'do it' for me.

Archived