BUSHNELL...(Sweet & Sour) Chinese Scopes ?

coolforgot

RANT Rant !!

I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical, great scope with Japanese glass, as we know ?

Well I bought another AR223 Tactical, great price and so far (one day on) good optics....this is my gripe :

when I unpacked the scope, I noticed there was NO Bushnell logo/name/make etc anywhere on the scope (there was on the box though)

when turning around looking etc, I noticed a small & hard to see 'MADE in CHINA'

This was not mentioned in their ads,which when buying on-line is all you have to go by.

I may still have bought it ,but then it would have been a free choice

It seems they are ashamed to put their name/logo on this scope & now I feel I have an inferior scope ?

I emailed Bushnell and they replied qoute "You will not find any scope in that price point with japanese glass" now thet tell me ? lol

Japanese/Chinese your choice or maybe not..........Rant over, Mike

In the case of optics, you get what you pay for...truer words have rarely been spoken is what I found...but, you may still be surprised by its performance.. :)

Best wishes

Finman

Is it definately a Bushnell? Seems odd they don't put the brand name on it

If you purchased it by mail order you can return it within 7 days , google distance selling law .

Its 99% a copy surly ? This is a big problem with scopes if your not careful . Theres been allot of Leupold mk4 copys and they look genuine unless you know what to look for . Even the codes give it away . Where did you buy from ? And did you think it was a genuine scope ? Atb .

I've an AR Optics 1-4 x 24 scope, made in Korea that was 'marketed' by Bushnell - but on checking, only AR/223 is marked on the scope and I don't see the Bushnell name.

Doubt a fake would have 'Made in China' on it? Probably as you've sussed, a 'range' marketed by Bushnell. But could be still be a perfectly good scope. Mine is.

In the case of optics, you get what you pay for...truer words have rarely been spoken is what I found...but, you may still be surprised by its performance.. :)

Best wishes

Finman

Cheers, I cannot fault the scope...yet, just the slippery marketing were exposed to,vigilance needed every purchase !

Best wishes

Finman

Cheers, I cannot fault the scope...yet, just the slippery marketing were exposed to,vigila

EXACTLY, it's Bushnell and on their own website, box is Logo'd but not the scope, not even the B on lens caps....mystery is'nt it ?

nce needed every purchase !

Best wishes

Finman

Cheers, I cannot fault the scope...yet, just the slippery marketing were exposed to,vigilance needed every purchase !

EXACTLY, it's Bushnell and on their own website, box is Logo'd but not the scope, not even the B on lens caps....mystery is'nt it ?

If you purchased it by mail order you can return it within 7 days , google distance selling law .

I dont want the extra postage cost & start looking all over again for a scope, I'm annoyed about the 'made in china' not mentioned in advertizing, M

Cheers, I cannot fault the scope...yet, just the slippery marketing were exposed to,vigila

Think it would be truer to say it's 'Marketed' by Bushnell.

Nothing strange in that, IMHO. Seems to be the norm for brand names to get manufacturers to make scopes for them. Tasco is any example and there are probably many more.

Best wishes

Finman

I dont want the extra postage cost & start looking all over again for a scope, I'm annoyed about the 'made in china' not mentioned in advertizing, M

Its 99% a copy surly ? This is a big problem with scopes if your not careful . Theres been allot of Leupold mk4 copys and they look genuine unless you know what to look for . Even the codes give it away . Where did you buy from ? And did you think it was a genuine scope ? Atb .

It's a Real Bushnell check their own website AR223, and I emailed Bushnell and quoted part of their reply in my first post, yes its Bushnell but only 'Elite' series is Japanese (if you ask them)

How much did you pay for it?

There are 1001 fake scopes on ebay, with Bushnell probably being the most popular. If it looks too good to be true ......... it's usually a fake.

Did you read all my first RANT ? It is a Bushnell you can find it on Bushnells own web site AR223, and I emaled Bushnell and got a reply from Bushnell, part of which I copied & pasted on my first post on this forum : I emailed Bushnell and they replied qoute "You will not find any scope in that price point with japanese glass" only Elite range are Japanese, check Bushnell site yourself...easy

I've an AR Optics 1-4 x 24 scope, made in Korea that was 'marketed' by Bushnell - but on checking, only AR/223 is marked on the scope and I don't see the Bushnell name.

Doubt a fake would have 'Made in China' on it? Probably as you've sussed, a 'range' marketed by Bushnell. But could be still be a perfectly good scope. Mine is.

I totally agree with you, the scopes good, but dont you think if it's made in china we should be aware, then it's our choice ? Bushnell is a trusted name and we should have all the important info from them before we buy.

I totally agree with you, the scopes good, but dont you think if it's made in china we should be aware, then it's our choice ? Bushnell is a trusted name and we should have all the

Nothing strange in that, IMHO. Seems to be the norm for brand names to get manufacturers to make scopes for them. Tasco is any example and there are probably many more.

any brand can have their scopes made anywhere, I dont mind, but when somethings 'made in china' bells ring and I think the buyer should be aware and then have a choice, brands get things made in china because it's cheap ! I did'nt associate Bushnell as being cheap ? and I would normally avoid buying Chinese optics,so would a lot of other people, makes you think thats why Bushnell dos'nt mention 'made in China' not nice tactics is it !

important info from them before we buy.

I totally agree with you, the scopes good, but dont you think if it's made in china we should be aware, then it's our choice ? Bushnell is a trusted name and we should have all the important info from them before we buy

any brand can have their scopes made anywhere, I dont mind, but when somethings 'made in china' bells ring and I think the buyer should be aware and then have a choice, brands get things made in china because it's cheap ! I did'nt associate Bushnell as being cheap ? and I would normally avoid buying Chinese optics,so would

a lot of other people, makes you think thats why Bushnell dos'nt mention 'made in China' not nice tactics is it !

How much did you pay for it?

They are on Amazn for £235 inc P&P

Busnell sell 'made in china' scopes ask 'Drew' from Bushnell...customersupport@bushnell.com

I knowingly bought a Leupold MK4 3.5x10-40 fake for £80 , I`d say it performs as well as many £250 scopes if not better. , the big give away was no L logo on the turret caps and the serial number is 88888 .

I knowingly bought a Leupold MK4 3.5x10-40 fake for £80 , I`d say it performs as well as many £250 scopes if not better. , the big give away was no L logo on the turret caps and the serial number is 88888 .

Knowingly is the key word ! you made your own choice,no prob, but if you had bought a Leupold from Leupold without Logo and made in China ?

There are lots of successful company's manufacturing and sub contracting to company's in China to manufacture their goods. They generally have strict and tight manufacturing controls so why should they tell you? Your buying a Branded product underwritten by the Brand owner.

There are lots of successful company's manufacturing and sub contracting to company's in China to manufacture their goods. They generally have strict and tight manufacturing controls so why should they tell you? Your buying a Branded product underwritten by the Brand owner.

I have to agree with this, Japan has been rather expensive for some years now regarding optical products. A lot of top end photographic lenses are sourced within China. Twenty years ago you might have had a case!

Theres always an 'everybodyslawyer' out there,to defend any and everyone !

'they' Bushnell should tell you it's made in china because: Chinese goods have a bad quality control & reputation, and the buyer should have free choice ?

I (not you lol) might be buying a 'Branded product underwritten by the Brand owner.' but they are ashamed/hesitant to put their brand name/Logo on the product !

Theres always an 'everybodyslawyer' out there,to defend any and everyone !

'they' Bushnell

I have to agree with this, Japan has been rather expensive for some years now regarding optical products. A lot of top end photographic lenses are sourced within China. Twenty years ago you might have had a case!

Well if Chinese optics are as good as you say, why dont Bushnell proudly tell their customers about it on their advertising ? and why dont they put their name or logo on the Made in China scopes ? Theres 'rants' going back to the early 2000's about 'bushnell made in china' on google,just type it in.

And they dont produce the chinese scopes because they are 'top end lenses' , but only because they are cheaper.

you still get Japanese glass in the Elite (top end) scopes but they just cost a LOT more.

should tell you it's made in china because: Chinese goods have a bad quality control & reputation, and the buyer should have free choice ?

I (not you lol) might be buying a 'Branded product underwritten by the Brand owner.' but they are ashamed/hesitant to put their brand name/Logo on the product !

Archived