Roe deer hunting in May

Nice hunt, out of interest were you specifically aiming for the spine?

I was aiming higher, because with berger vld hunting bullets the effect is not good and roe deers like to run sometimes 100m... However it was not my intention to hit the spine :)

I was aiming higher, because with berger vld hunting bullets the effect is not good and roe deers like to run sometimes 100m... However it was not my intention to hit the spine :)

I think you are right there is sometimes the tendency for the VLDs not to open up on roe which I have experienced several times, but not on larger animals.

I think you are right there is sometimes the tendency for the VLDs not to open up on roe which I have experienced several times, but not on larger animals.

Yeah...

Here you can see one strange behavior:

Your video is a very good example, I was out with a friend on a large clearfell site and on the way back to the vehicle we saw a young buck and I aimed half way up the body behind the shoulder and when I fired it did not even react, it stood perfectly still and I was about to fire again but my friend was sure that the bullet had hit.

The buck took one step forward and fell over, upon inspection the bullet had passed clean through with zero expansion.

Archived