Unable to find loading data for 223 rem Hornady 52g A Max

The Hodgdon rifle reloading data download only has 53g bullet loading information. Similar sauces of loading info are the same.

I am guessing that perhaps 52 and 53 loads could be the same, however I need to be more accurate.

Any ideas how to find out?

I am using IMR 8208 and H322, Twist 1:12 Barrel 20".

There is nothing magical about it. Use the closest weight and the trend is less powder for heavier bullets. An equal issue is often the length of the bearing surface- more will give greater pressure and you'll need to use less powder

I run 53gr vmax with 8208 .. 25gr powder over rem 7 1/2 primers .

And they are like laser's

Only recently changed from the 55gr vmax ( 24.7gr 8208 ) .. Just as good but the 53 have better BC

Good luck

I should add :- 1:9 twist 20" barrel

• 4 weeks later...

53 G vmax is a far better hunting bullet and the best of the lot with the bc of .290 they are part vld shape and will defo out perform the 52's and most .224 up to 55g try and see and they suit 1in 12 twist , from alot of experience over long range l use them ,

l run them fast they love it, my .22 br with 53 's are doing 3885fps well thats my pennysworth,

my mates run them in there .223's and swear by them now,

Yep, best of the bunch. Ironically a better BC than their 55gr brother.

I was lucky to score some bulk ones while on an earlier trip to the States. They were sold as Blems but all appear perfect and were damn cheap.

Archived