Today was the 3rd or 4th round of the mcQueens series at Diggle [i forget which]

For anyone who doesn,t know what mcQueens is, i,ll explain. On the butt, you have this large grey "wall" which has eight windows in it. Once you start, the target will appears in anyone of these eight windows, for 3 seconds only. You have to spot it, get on it, and fire within those 3 seconds. Then there is a time lag between then, and the next exposure of the target, of between, 5 and 25 seconds, in which you have to reload :blink: This is where you have to remain calm, and dont fumble, because if you miss an exposure, you are out of the running.Here,s the wall, the pic isnt very good, as my camera is crap.

S4300394-1.jpg

The first stage is shot at 200 yards, which is where this pic was taken from. You have 2 sighters on the white board to the right, then, when you are ready, you take ten shots at the target. Heres a pic of the target.

S4300398.jpg

That one in the middle.....sure is ugly.......

These are the "huns head" basically an old target of a Kraut, and totally politically incorrect, but who cares......i believe diggle is possibly the only club still using it. There is a 100mil circle in the middle of the head, and a hit in here scores five, anywhere else on the head, scores four, so there is a maximum of fifty points to be had at 200 yards, and the same target, and points at 300 yards, 200 in the morning, then 300 after lunch. Good scores are the norm at 200, 300 sorts the men from the boys.

This is what you are after.......first "possible" i,ve ever shot at it, at 200 yards, and put me in 1st place before lunch.

S4300401.jpg

After lunch, the wind was doing silly tricks, but everyone coped, but i lost it, and shot a 44 at 300yards, which was a good card, but my mate Tim, shot a blistering 49 ex 50 at the longer range, with his .308, to pipp me for first place. All in all, a very enjoyable day, in good company, and as usual, the craic was mighty :lol: heres a few more of folk enjoying themselves.

S4300395-1.jpg

S4300396-1.jpg

S4300400.jpg

:blink: Ahh, ha ha, you kill me, you really do......i,ll bet the long winter nights, simply fly by........ :lol: God, i feel sorry for your good lady :lol: Only jesting buddy.

Great to see, Kaliederscope, and Bambi-basher out, for a look at diggle too, very nice chaps.

Great to see, Kaliederscope, and Bambi-basher out, for a look at diggle too, very nice chaps.

Hi Baldie

You were doing sooooooooooooooooo well before we turned up, we must of put you off. :blink: I don't mind, you can blame us for you blowing it, it must of been the pressure of us watching you. :lol:

B-b

Well done Dave,

are those earmuffs german made?

:blink::lol::lol::lol:

A very good and intresting read cool pics as well baldie,whats the minimum calibre anyone used or is it all heavy stuff

You can use owt you want foxshot, but diggle being diggle, something that bucks the wind, and is fast, makes it easier. I shot that 50 with my 6mmbr, but i,ve also used my 223 speedmaster, with 77 grain bullets to good effect too. I would say the best calibre for this discipline, up there , is the 6.5 x .284.

Archived