Roedale precsion

So we are in the same boat rifle arrived but does not resemble what we ordered.

Do you intent in recovering cost incured

cost for your rifle to be fired and examined by an independent gunsmith?

Extra Proof cost in UK again?

02 way courier cost for the above

Time and hunts wasted while waiting?

We should get a class action together somehow

I sense he is banking on us not bothering ..............

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW

My rifle is going through proof this morning (I am informed ) .............fingers crossed

If it passed proof then I will get it bench shot with hand loaded ammo to test his 0.5 MOA guanrantee

failing that I will be really pissed off.................bar the asthetics

BTW

My rifle is going through proof this morning (I am informed ) .............fingers crossed

If it passed proof then I will get it bench shot with hand loaded ammo to test his 0.5 MOA guanrantee

failing that I will be really pissed off.................bar the asthetics

I don't quite understand, so you say if you hand load any old ammo it will predict if you have a good or

bad rifle. ???? I've never heard so much trash before.

wouldn't you expect to do a bit of load developement..

edi

I don't quite understand, so you say if you hand load any old ammo it will predict if you have a good or

bad rifle. ???? I've never heard so much trash before.

wouldn't you expect to do a bit of load developement..

edi

I dont get that ? Were did it say he was going to load up any old ammo ??? He said he was going to bench shoot it with home loaded ammo !!! He didnt say he wasnt going to develope an accurate load !!!.

Why do people always rip the shite out of forum posters for no apparent reason ?. ;)

Ads

Ads,

any old as in load up some ammo and make a judgement on the quality of

the rifle. He didn't mention any load developement and as I understood judgement would

be with that load. We all know it takes a bit tweeking to get under 1/2" with the

best of rifles.

London has a negative approach to this rifle, not even trusting the german proofing

if I understood it right. I don't think I'd believe the 0.5moa test result under these circumstances.

I am also annoyed about Pete (Roedale) getting clobbered here on the forum without end and people

trying to destroy his livelyhood.

We've, I think all understood that Pete delivers late to some customers and very late to a few others.

We know that and can decide now if we want that kind of service. This was not enough for some and

the next vendetta is to find something bad about the quality of his work.

I've got two rifles from Pete, they shoot well and came on time.

let me also shout once.

edi

Ads,

the rifle. He didn't mention any load developement and as I understood judgement would

be with that load. We all know it takes a bit tweeking to get under 1/2" with the

best of rifles.

London has a negative approach to this rifle, not even trusting the german proofing

if I understood it right. I don't think I'd believe the 0.5moa test result under these circumstances.

I am also annoyed about Pete (Roedale) getting clobbered here on the forum without end and people

We've, I think all understood that Pete delivers late to some customers and very late to a few others.

We know that and can decide now if we want that kind of service. This was not enough for some and

let me also shout once.

edi

Does 'quality work' include delivering a rifle with a barrel 4" shorter than that ordered ?

NOT in my book it doesent . Sorry if that appears harsh, but ....... its true.

ATB

Ads,

best of rifles.

let me also shout once.

edi

I hear you mate, Point taken.

I agree with you as well. He is taking a hell of a pounding on here at the moment. Maybe it is justified ? i couldnt tell you as i havent dealt with him.

Just hope it all gets sorted out for the guys that are waiting for there goods.

ATB

Ads

Ads,

I agree with all who say he'd need a kick up the ....

but one wouldn't want to loose him either. The more rifle builders

the better the prices and less waiting.

I hope he gets his shop up and running soon and that his new

staff is any good.

Especially that that which promotes growth and vigour like a too short barrel doesn't happen again.

edi

+1 Edi

However, 4 inches short would be an issue, despite what women say :wub:,,,,,or so I have "heard" that they say to others.

+1 Edi

However, 4 inches short would be an issue, despite what women say :wub:,,,,,or so I have "heard" that they say to others.

ROTFPMP :lol::lol::lol:

I am a bit confoooosed again

just read this last page and it got me thinking....... many of the top gunsmiths/rifle smiths give you a product that can shoot sub 1/2"@100 or even 1/4 with top factory loaded amo such as lap match or fed premium

if I was to buy a new gun I would check the twist, look up what bullet weights are optimal for that twist, find out as much info about factory match loads such as vel, brass, % fill of case and then go duplicate but making sure each charge is more accurate than the factory could get, all the brass is weighed and sorted, flash holes de-burred, rounds seated concentric as poss so this should improve on the factory match round

the 155gr 308 44gr varget load I shared with you all is a clone for radway green target that I worked out ( everyone that I know that has tried the load has done very well with it)

223 52gr a-max 25gr benchmark is a clone for factory match loads

In April 2007, Pete Lincoln replied to an e mail in which he promised to get back to me with a price to re-barrel two rifles for me.

I'm still waiting for him to quote for the work!

If you're reading this, Pete, please disregard my enquiry as both rifles have now been re-barreled elsewhere! I won't interfere with your hectic schedule of messing people around by bothering you with the chance to be paid hundreds of pounds by me!

What a way to run a business!

In April 2007, Pete Lincoln replied to an e mail in which he promised to get back to me with a price to re-barrel two rifles for me.

I'm still waiting for him to quote for the work!

If you're reading this, Pete, please disregard my enquiry as both rifles have now been re-barreled elsewhere! I won't interfere with your hectic schedule of messing people around by bothering you with the chance to be paid hundreds of pounds by me!

What a way to run a business!

Hi 17 Rem

Just to remind you that you and me are pissing off and annoying ejg223 since his friend Pete (Roedale) is getting clobbered here on the forum without end and we are trying to destroy his livelyhood

The bottom line is that we should shut up and accept that this is the kind of service we are getting and he is suggesting that as consumer / customer if we don't like it we should keep quiet like an average brit and suffer in silence since we are destroying his friend's livelyhood...................

we get the message ejg223 .............................

you are just the lucky ones that did not get mucked around there are quite a few of us out there who has been stung.

If the rifle arrived with a barrel that was 4" shorter than had been agreed upon, I'd definitely get a confirm with Pete on what the heck was going on with that.

As far as being 1/2" guarantee, I always wondered how this sort of warranty worked with individual shooter/gun, and I worked for the company who was a major player in starting this trend. I always thought there should be some sort of certification of the shooter before sticking your neck out, cuz man. when ol' dicky eye steps up to the plate half on his heart meds another half on his haemmerhoid meds and the third half on group fever can't get that 1/2 inch dragon, he calls and says it dont shoot? Or player of the month who stepped into a bit of cash and has been practising his accuracy skills on Call of Duty 4 get's disappointed cuz he just plain cant shoot..If you are going to guarantee it, you guarantee the rifle by shooting a few groups yourself as the maker to test it's, what's the word, promise, no potential that's it. No need to shoot the smallest groups as the manufacturer, let the shooter wear the rifle out as every shot is closer to his last. You're testing repeatability and function as the maker, let the shooter go from there. I've run many a rifle thru that guarantee on the manufacturing side, and after you get thru the first 15000 rifles, you know which is a grouper and which is a stinker after the fouling shots.

Back at Border, I had a guy wanting his wee Forester rebarreled, got a kick out of ol' Nige, was really particular on the unnecessaries but I humoured him, was ok that he wanted the barrel 22.250"long and not 22.125" so he didnt 'lose the accuracy'. Cant remember the exact lengths but that was the jist, he had his tape measure handy to check the work..was ok that even though the 40 yr old stock was warped, he'd like the barrel to fit in the channel just so, as he got pretty used to how it handled, whatever that meant. I knew he loved that ol rifle dearly, which was why he was so particular, but he was in good hands. Unbeknownst to powers that be, I even made him 2 barrels, just for the contour sake to choose the one which matched the original fit best.. Was real concerned on accuracy, he just wanted to be sure it was as accurate as was originally..I said what's that? He says, well it hits 2.5" groups at 100 yds...I says, sorry I cant promise that sort of accuracy mate..No, all I can do for this rifle is 1/2 inch, I'd probably have to reset my machines to get your 2.5" groups..or a bfh on assembly. Ended up a nice little rifle, shot factory ammo quite well, Nige was chuffed to bits and I'm pretty sure I'm welcome for a cuppa in his household anytime.

Then next customer, double barreled second name, rags me to shite because his f class rifle doesn't shoot, says barrel fouls worse than a saigon whore. We rifled the barrel, someone else put the rifle together. Said ok, guess you can send it back so we can have a look, arrived dirty so we cleaned it(which always impresses me, not), everything barrel wise measures and looks good, shot it ourselves, no fouling issues just as per usual, developed loads and data for him, shot great groups over chrony, tight groups and spreads are in the singles, absolutely cannae find nowt wrong with this stick. only problem was the stock needed a bit of relief on some bedding, which we took care of no charge..Guy wasn't having it, it must be the barrel. What do you do? Tell him he can't shoot for that which promotes growth and vigour?

Ah well..at least now if I have to destress it's under the pulse of automatic fire, dont get much better....

My .02

Londonhunter,

it was me who said that, not Ads (auquhollie)

edi

Thats right londonhunter so wind in your neck !!!!! :lol:

Feel free to apologise :lol:

Ads

OKOKOK typo error sorry lads

It might seem that the few of us here are bitter and vinditive about Roedale

To be very honest not me.

Bottom line - I just want a rifle to the specification that I ordered and no more.

So this is an olive branch Peter if you are reading this PLEASE email me and sort this out like adults.

you have had a difficult time so we all have just give me what I ordered thats all

BTW the scope screw you installed was "loctite" and had to be cut off with the mount by another gunsmith in order to remove the scope.

I am away for a few days so I shall know about the proof house result next week.

have a nice weekend you lads

To those who think that some are sticking up for Pete, (I guess I am tagged as one)

Ive waited for two years for a rifle, which I still await - ive already covered the why's and wherefores, about that.

I remain pragmatic about the affair as I know there are happy customers and dissatisfied ones.

Lets face it, the internet forums holds intrest for only a tiny percentage of shooters in the UK and many riflesmen carry on their sport in "blissful ignorance" of some of the wrangling that goes on here and elswhere in "internetland"

One only has to look around on the various forums to see same old so and so etc here there and everywhere.

I for one apreciate accurate and imprtial comment on services / products ordered / recieved, if its bad and substandard fine, tell your account.

BUT, if I m not happy with a service, I return to the manufacturer / supplier rather than speak out on a forum (s) that the person responsible may or may not be a member of anymore.

I do sympathise with everyones issues, but getting the issues resloved amicably and swiftly would be my main priority, (before resorting to other methods)

To those who think that some are sticking up for Pete, (I guess I am tagged as one)

Ive waited for two years for a rifle, which I still await - ive already covered the why's and wherefores, about that.

I remain pragmatic about the affair as I know there are happy customers and dissatisfied ones.

Lets face it, the internet forums holds intrest for only a tiny percentage of shooters in the UK and many riflesmen carry on their sport in "blissful ignorance" of some of the wrangling that goes on here and elswhere in "internetland"

One only has to look around on the various forums to see same old so and so etc here there and everywhere.

I for one apreciate accurate and imprtial comment on services / products ordered / recieved, if its bad and substandard fine, tell your account.

BUT, if I m not happy with a service, I return to the manufacturer / supplier rather than speak out on a forum (s) that the person responsible may or may not be a member of anymore.

I do sympathise with everyones issues, but getting the issues resloved amicably and swiftly would be my main priority, (before resorting to other methods)

what i find very very hard to understand is this.

some people have had there posts removed for commenting on this thread. (rightfully or wrongly) and yet others have not,and yet some of the comments have been made after the site owner/owners have said no one else get involved.(or words to that effect)

and yet we are still seeing posts put up. please lets not have one rule for one and all that on here.

the thread was not put up to blow smoke up pets backside, nor was it started to cripple his business. it was put up to get some form of communication between customer and rifle builder.

this has happened and as far as i can see every one has now got there rifles back.

IE

Tikka 260 has had his rifle back,

6.5x55 has had his rifle back for quit some time and still has not put a report up

London hunter has had his rifle back,

now if all are unsatisfied(and I'm not saying they are) with there rifles then they should report this to Pete Lincoln and give him a chance to put the work right or compensate them for the what ever the problem is.

now i know that you would be disappointed to get your rifle back and it is not quit what you ordered, but you have to give the chap a chance to explain or attempt to put things right.

i personally believe the thread should be locked/removed/or what ever the site owners decide.but it does need to end.

it can only go down hill from here,and they all do have their rifles back now,they just need to tidy up the lose ends.

JMHO

ATB

Colin :lol:

I think that was the point I was attempting to make Col.

Andy I can appreciate your points and ideally yours is the correct course of action.The problem arises when the customer has exhausted all these other avenues and feels naming and shaming is the last hope :lol:

As we all know this thread was allowed simply because two members (who both it seems have been extremely patient ) felt the need to try publicity as a last resort.We were dubious about allowing any thread involving Roedale to stay simply because of the inevitable fall out they always degenerate into.We decided (after checking the facts) that this would be allowed in the hope that we could put this to bed once and for all.

Neither Gary or myself have any agendas for or against Roedale and all parties have been given the opportunity to have their say good or bad.PL is still a member on here and has always had the right of reply.

As already said this thread was allowed with the intention of perhaps helping the two members get their guns back.As far as I know this has now happened and whether said members are happy with them is now between them and PL.

Everyones free to make their own decisions over whether they go down the Roedale route but we won`t allow another thread complaining about PL lead times when all the information needed is already in this thread.You pays your money and makes your choice :lol:

Tikka 260. Mr Hutcheson.

No the rifle isn't as ordered. The original stock was warped, so you and i changed the order to a Manners. Manners didn't end up bieng able to inlett for a Sako 75. So i gave you a choice of stocks, the on one the rifle is the one you chose. The action is TiAIN coated, also not ordered by you but, done, free of charge (agreed by you and costing me about 200 quid)) to make up for waiting so long. With regards to the barrel. the length is what i have on my spec sheet for that rifle, i think if was 20" from memory. if you where expecting a 24", then you should have shared that with me.

The original order metamorphosized as we went along, which is often the case with a custom one off project.

( take a look at James Johnsons Tikka 595 for example, it ended up with 2 tone coated barrel, custom engraving, a different trigger, a manners stock(the only one inn the world fitted to a Tikka 595) and a badger mag system,( the only on in the world fitted to a Tikka 595) and custom engraving.

If you are not happy with what you have, let me know aboút it. and dont forget, you still didn't pay for it.

London Hunter. Benjamin you disapoint me. read your emails. I haven't heared back from you. The stock on your rifle is the one that was on it when you happily had me drive 1600km round trip so you could shoot several Boar and Deer with it. You where happy with it then, and it didnt change in any way from you shooting boar with it to it arriving inn the UK,

Sure we both got ripped of by a hogue stock that some Yank had stuck a recoil reducer in and bunged in a Knoxx package. Hey we all live and learn, i once bought a jeep that had aircon, it wasn't until the summer that i realised that the damn air con pump was missing,

funny, you too owe me for a S&B scope. which you have made no attempt to contact me about, neither have you contacted me about the replacement stock, I have contacted you about both, several times, please read your email.

pay your debts gentlemen..

I'm sick of you lot bitching on and having a go at me. it doesn't get me down any more, but i'm still sick of it.

emails get spammed, things get forgotten. I'm only Human for spiral staircases sake, and i tell you what, any of you lot who have been through the that which promotes growth and vigour ive been through over the last 2 years would have folded and probably gone in the looney bin. What have i done? I have done my best, my absolute best under the circumstances. I haven't had 2 minutes sat on my lazy arse in 3 years, I worked my self all most to burn out, so if that wasn't good enough then i am sorry but it wasn't all my fault. All i can say is that ive now been full time a good 6 months, the new workshop is nearly built, there are many new, innovative and interesting products comming along and we are transforming the part time hobby business into what we hope will be one of the most successfull businesses in its field in Europe. To those who wish to continue to bitch and refuse to give me a chance,,, well then i wish you all a mother with alzheimers, a father with cancer, both in another country so you have to travel a bit, a wife who was sexualy abused and badly in need of therapy and a job 300 miles from home, lets see how you cope.

on a brighter note, to the guys who have understood and supported me all through this that which promotes growth and vigour. and there are more than some would have you believe. Thanks, there is a bed, a beer in the fridge and a steak on the grill at our house anytime i can do the same for you.

This will be my last post on UK Varminting.

Ive better things to do with my time than take that which promotes growth and vigour.

Pete

Archived