Roedale precsion

Roedale precsion rifles

Two years ago nearly to the day I placed and order with the above company for a custom stalking rifle and was asked to pay a 50% deposit .To date after approx 133 emails, numerous phone calls most of which were not answered .I still have not recieved my rifle .I have been made numerous commitments non of which have been stuck to.In fact things got so bad that after 14 months I started chasing the action manufacturer myself to try to speed up delivery of the action.which I was told by them was only ordered a couple of months previous .despite arranging for the action to be delivered last october and repeated assurances from the company that the rifle would be delivered by christmas I am still waiting for it to be delivered .I was told over a month ago that it was ready but would have to pay the balance before it was shipped ,Stupidly I Paid it.No delivery, the latest story is that it has taken over month to arrange a courier in a country of over 82 million people .I could go into a lot more detail but i wont bore you .

.I am informed that they produce good rifles ,great !!,but its no good if you have lost two shooting seasons because the rifle that was proported to take 3/4 months takes two years.

Buying a custom is suppose to one of lifes pleasure's not a stress or pain in the ass ,like this has turned into.I own other custom guns and I never experienced anything like the hassle of dealing with this company . I have feeling I'm not the only one whos's had this hassle with this particular company . The Owner of the company is very aware that unless i recieve the rifle completed immediately I will be passing the matter to my lawyer .I like to hear from other people if they had a similar bad experience.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you pay the monies by credit card?

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, you maybe entitled to some redress from the C.C company and let them have the hassle of chasing him.

Just a thought.

In reply to Funky Bunch .

Firstly If I had not been Given the Run around I would have not axe to grind with this Company/Individual.

The reason that I have put this up is that I want people to aware what is going on with this company I would not want anybody else to have the stress that I have had, dealing with this company. Better forearmed with the information before you make a big decision like ordering a custom rifle.

If people feel they are Jeopardising there position please PM me as the more information i have the better ,If I am forced to seek redress through the courts .But If people have been delivered shoddy good they should report the company/individual to both the worshipful company of armourers in london , and the guild in Germany , If enough people have genuine complaints things will get done about this particularly in Germany.

Thanks Jonathan.

You forgot to mention that the action manufacturer ( Hansen) was 14months late delivering the rifle action. that is 14months late on top of the 6 months delivery time expected. = 20 months.

I've got 3 rifles going out next week to the UK / Eire, They would have gone today but today is a bank holiday in Germany which would mean the courier storing over the weekend and they wont do that. And as i explained to you on the phone, its firearms we are shipping not socks, These 3 are from the last 5 of the delayed-late and way over due rifles. The other 2 should ship very very soon and then my backlog is cleared.

I'm sick to death of having to explain the issues i've had to deal with over the last 2 years. Most of the lads on here know what the score is and what ive had to deal with so i won't bother. Have you got a reason to moan, yes, But do you think i enjoy delivering a rifle late? Do you think i sit there doing nothing sucking my thumb? Believe me, i get absolutely annoyed when my delivery times are set back by out side sources, and I am only human, there are 24 hours in a day and i have literaly worked my self sick. Since January i've been full time and have slowly but surely worked away at the back log and as i said 3 of the last 5 will be delieverd next week. Things have improved steadily since i went full time, we have upgraded / are upgrading the machinery, the new building should be finnished by August. I have taken on staff. Thomas ( the guys who went to the IWA met Thomas) starts work 1st June and will give me the help and assistance i desparately need. He was due to start 2nd May, but could not reduce his job at the Technical University to part time until end of May. He is a CAD CAM engineer by trade, knows his way around a rifle and is a dab hand with all things PC ( he was partly responsible for our new website)

Delay problems caused by late delivery of components to is is bieng addressed and we are starting to manufacture more and more in house. ( kit like mag systems for instance) We have ceased to deal with companies who constantly let us down in delivery and are manufacturing items that are difficult to procure.

We haven't got everything just as i want it yet, but we are getting there and over the next 2 years you should all hopefully see a drastic improvement in service and a large reduction in delivery time. We are working hard to achieve our goals and are working hard for our customers.

Pete

Pete,

Most of us on here know the history of Roedale through previous posts so i don't want all those issues bringing up again. I have asked Jonathan to keep to the facts and I would appreciate it if you would also.

I do believe Jonathan actually put in his post that the action apparently hadn't been ordered( if my maths is correct ) until 12 months after he ordered the rifle.

I think all that Jonathan wants is a delivery date. If you could address this question there would be no need for any 'discussion' regarding Roedale rifles.

Jesus Pete .. Its a moveable feast yesterday on the phone you said the Courier was collecting the rifle today, now its next week.

Im not interested in your long winded excuses .I've heard enough at this stage

The bottom line is as follows .

Deliver the rifle complete with the scope that I forwarded to you to me In Ireland by close of business next friday

or refund the 3547 euros my money that you are holding .

If that happens and the rifle shoots well I will be happy to come back here and let all these guys know that it shoots well.

If it doesnt happen you will be dealing with my German Lawyer . That's a very fair deal

So now in public, agree to the very fair offer that's on the table

funky bunch

Not only will I keep you up dated

I also intend to have my own smith in Dublin who shot for the Irish Team on several occasion's do a critique on the Rifle and I'll let you all know the what he makes of the workmanship.

To go against the general flow a bit I have seen several reviews of Roedale rifles that do perform. Supply of components from far fields is a problem, I have been waiting for barrels for about 6 months have have been promised one week they have been despatched and the next they are being rifled as we speak.

I have no axe to grind one way or the other with Peter but several people have told me of year plus delays etc. I suspect that the price level at which the products were pitched meant that demand was higher than expected and profit levels precluded employing skilled help. Cash flow is also important having to pay for stuff way before it is delivered. At the end of the day the guy is a new buisness, he will not have cash coming out of his ears.

That is of course no excuse for misleading customers.

JMHO

A

I dont even know where to start.

I am another unhappy customer of Roedale Precision

In total the whole painful process lasted at least 16 months - I know PETE I changed my mind about the caliber but action lenght never change

It was only a Howa with a thick barrel nothing special

I specifically wanted this rifle 9.3 x 62 fitted with a KNOXX stock from the USA

After over 100 phone calls and over 60 emails I received the rifle last month - bills available if anybody is interested all itemised

During the 16 months I was given the same usual sob story about

Courier problem,

multiple German bank holidays

I am short of staff please understand

My new workshop is being built at the moment

Computer problems you email was not received

I have just worked 04 straight days with the space agency, just got back to my workshop

I have been let down by components suppliers - what component the barrel is always a 9.3 and you told me you always have howa action in stock

Rifle being sent to the wrong courier - bull that which promotes growth and vigour

Second courier let my rifle sit in their depot for 03 weeks without noticing it - total bullshit

Poor signal of mobile phone in workshop

Just left space job please give me a few weeks to sort myself out

so on and so forth

To be honest I lost count and lost track of all his excuses.

If I write down everything it will make east enders last another season

To add salt the wound when I received the rifle

He fitted a stock he asked a friend in the US to buy from EBAY without telling me hoping I would not notice the difference

I though the stock looks different but I jsut cannot believe that this can happen to me from a a professional outfit

I would have though that a professional full time gunsmith would be able to distinguish between a Hogue stock and a Knoxx stock

according to his OWN email he said he was con along with me - the customer.

If a full time professional gunsmith does not know how to tell the difference between 02 stocks what chance does a customer have.........

To be honest I originally fell for his story and excuses and supported him in previous threads

This EBAY business really get me going

HOW CAN THIS GUY (Peter Lincoln) TREAT HIS CUSTOMER LIKE THIS - TO BUY A STOCK FROM EBAY - STICK IT ON A RIFLE AND CALL IT A CUSTOM RIFLE HOPING I WILL NOT ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE

There are many other point I don't think I have the time or patience to go on here and bore you guys I think I have got the message through..............

I will now post his email to me whereby he admitted that he supplied me this rifle with a stock his mate bought from from EBAY

I have crossed out my name not that I wanted the privicy but I am too embrassed that I fell for his con tricks - If anybody wants to consider using this company think carefully and get a good lawyer FIRST

I will not shoot this gun until it passes proof in the UK

HERE IS THE EMAIL I think it said the content will say it ALL....................

Up until i recieved the stock from the USA i had not had my hands on a Knoxx stock. It was packaged in a Knoxx package. I took it for gospel that it was a Knoxx stock., at the time i could only find info on the Axiom type stock,

I have no way of recognising every single type of rifle stock on the market.

Since then pics have appeared on the Knoxx / Blackhawk website showing the newer Knoxx stocks, They look to me exactly like a Hogue stock, exept they have had the butt pad replaced and a shroud seems to encase the rear of the stock.

When i queried the stock i was informed it must be one of the earlier production models. I had absolutely no reason to doubt this what so ever.

I just talked to a lady called Latricia Cooper and she requested i send a photo of the stock for confirmation, so if you could let me have one i can get this cleared up. As you mentioned, Knoxx mentioned the fact that there where rip offs on the market. Now as far as i am aware Knoxx purchase thier stocks from Hogue and then add the recoil unit. Hence they are a Hogue stock with a Knoxx buttpad mechanism. How the heck am i supposed to know there are rip offs on the market, and at the time of having your stock here, i didn't have a Hogue stock to compare against. Since then i have had several in through the German Importer. As in the pics on the internet, the Hogue and the Knoxx look the same to me exept for the add on butt pad.

I did take 1 screw out of the butt pad to have a look nat the mechanism, and i told you there was a recoil reducer in there and that i was told it was a Mk 1 version, the Mk2 bieng with a tip/spring mechanism, you said the recoil was fine.

Why should i have then thought anymore about it ??

Simple... i am now convinced that it is a rip of version. Ive spoke to Tony, he got it from a dealer on Ebay. as Knoxx couldn't deliver in time and wouldn't ship to Germany.

Looks like the ebayer has ripped us off, as Tony has treid to get back to him and he is now ´not registered anymore, the fix is, I will get a replacement stock.. its as simple as that. no questions asked, it goes without saying, that if that stock isn't ba knoxx it will be replaced with a genuine knoxx at the earliest oppertunity..

with regards to the scope. If i had glued the screws they would all be glued.Tighten the screws back in and remove the stuck one first. But use a decent allen key and not a cheapo slightly under size one. If you cant get the thing off. Send it to me and i will do it for you.

dont forget to email me a pic of the stock. I want to get to the bottom of this.

;) :angry

I mean to cause no offence right now, but with comments of past exeprience in posts and wrighting styles it really is not hard to identify persons from the shootng community. Any personal gripes are immature and I do get fed up of this behaviour. Generally I am much younger than many members and cannot understand how things get so petty.

As for comment on this toppic, a rifle that fails proof as something else. Very scary.

I specifically wanted this rifle 9.3 x 62 fitted with a KNOXX stock from the USA

I will not shoot this gun until it passes proof in the UK

"To be honest Peter thanks a lot. It has been a long time since I ordered the rifle but it shot bloody straight out of the box and handled as best as anything I have shot. BTW it is a 9.3 x 62"

Londonhunter, Is that the same 9.3x62 you shot 3 roe, 2 boar and a fox with in Germany this January?

Thats my whole point I dont think so and I dont KNOW

The stock is certainly different when it arrived in the UK some 04 months later and after all the stories I have heard from other people I am afaraid to shoot it.

I did not check the serial number while I was at the forest in Germany I certainly did not expect this from a professional gunsmith,....................................

Lads

We`re happy for this topic to run but please remember the reason that it was started and stick to that

We are not interested in past disagreements between members and any personal abusive posts (either open or by PM) will be removed along with the author

London Hunter- I`ve merged the two Roedale posts to keep things all together

Had the weapon been modified in any way since being delivered Ie the screw cutting of the barrel by another person etc. without the full facts it is more than dangerous and contentious for anyone to make such a remark and may i suggest before other remarks are made these facts are obtained it is easy to condem somone who is not present to defend himself surely Mr Lincoln should be allowed to respond to such allegations, afterall we are supposed to be fair in this country arnt we?

Well arnt we

Sundance

Sundance

Pete has of course got the right to reply and is registered on here under DeltaV.

This will be my final post on this topic

Bottom line I can post all the emails I have sent and receieved on a seperate web site that I am going to pay for.

It will not achieve anything

I have a rifle now and I am not happy with it.

Roedale has now told me that he only now realise the stock I have got he asked a MATE to buy for him on EBAY which I could have done do

If he had difficulty he should have told me so and offer me something else instead Why didn't he?

I am NOT trying to detroy his business but my posting is to achieve 02 points

Somtime since january I received a private mesaages from a member here asking me if I am happy with my rifle and my reaction then was YES

that was after what I shot in the forest but NOT so now when I received the rifle with a stock from EBAY

The amount and quantity I shot can be verify by the outfitter who guided us there and I know he does not wish to be named due to the bad pubicity going on now

I feel very guilty giving this gunsmith a recommendation to a member on this forum and I sense if he has ordered something he will end up with an experience like me.

I will now count my losses and will now will find somebody to check and ammend the rifle to a respectable specification

I wish the best for P L of Roedale Precision in the future

The only attraction going to Peter Lincoln was cost there was quite a difference in price between him and the other gunsmith in this country.

After counting all the cost of time spend on phone calls, emails, faxes, I am regretting the whole exercise.

I come back to my original request

HOW MANY CUSTOMERS OF ROEDLAE ARE OUT THERE UNHAPPY OR / A D STILL WAITING FOR ORDERS TO BE FULLFILLED

HOW MANY CUSTOMERS OF ROEDALE OUT THERE ARE HAPPY

I sense the numbers are disproportionate

I will not post any more now on this topic for reason stated previously

lets enjoy our shooting

BTW this 9.3 x 62 was meant for dangerous game and driven boar

How can you (PeterL) ask me to go out there and shoot DG with a rifle like that with what you have done????????????? God knows what other parts he bought from ebay as well

I will feel more comfortable with a bog standard factory rifle

This will be my final post on this topic

Bottom line I can post all the emails I have sent and receieved on a seperate web site that I am going to pay for.

It will not achieve anything

I have a rifle now and I am not happy with it.

Roedale has now told me that he only now realise the stock I have got he asked a MATE to buy for him on EBAY which I could have done do

If he had difficulty he should have told me so and offer me something else instead Why didn't he?

I am NOT trying to detroy his business but my posting is to achieve 02 points

Somtime since january I received a private mesaages from a member here asking me if I am happy with my rifle and my reaction then was YES

that was after what I shot in the forest but NOT so now when I received the rifle with a stock from EBAY

The amount and quantity I shot can be verify by the outfitter who guided us there and I know he does not wish to be named due to the bad pubicity going on now

I feel very guilty giving this gunsmith a recommendation to a member on this forum and I sense if he has ordered something he will end up with an experience like me.

I will now count my losses and will now will find somebody to check and ammend the rifle to a respectable specification

I wish the best for P L of Roedale Precision in the future

The only attraction going to Peter Lincoln was cost there was quite a difference in price between him and the other gunsmith in this country.

After counting all the cost of time spend on phone calls, emails, faxes, I am regretting the whole exercise.

I come back to my original request

HOW MANY CUSTOMERS OF ROEDLAE ARE OUT THERE UNHAPPY OR / A D STILL WAITING FOR ORDERS TO BE FULLFILLED

HOW MANY CUSTOMERS OF ROEDALE OUT THERE ARE HAPPY

I sense the numbers are disproportionate

I will not post any more now on this topic for reason stated previously

lets enjoy our shooting

BTW this 9.3 x 62 was meant for dangerous game and driven boar

How can you (PeterL) ask me to go out there and shoot DG with a rifle like that with what you have done????????????? God knows what other parts he bought from ebay as well

I will feel more comfortable with a bog standard factory rifle

Guys,

6.5x55 asked for information from people who have had dealings with Pete Lincoln NOT people who have past aggrievences with him.

Please only post on this thread if you have had dealings , good or bad , with Pete.

Archived