Sako Quad trigger options

Hi folks,

My Sako Quads trigger is adjusted down as far as it will safely go. However, since the arrival of my Jewel trigger the Sako trigger seems very heavy. Are there aftermarket triggers for Sako Quads? Or is it a gunsmith job?

All help appreciated,

John :D

I,m fairly certain that pete jackson does a cg trigger for the finnfire, so in theory it should fit the quad.

He still hasn,t done one for the sako 75 however.

baldie Posted Today, 02:50 PM

I,m fairly certain that pete jackson does a cg trigger for the finnfire, so in theory it should fit the quad.

He still hasn,t done one for the sako 75 however

Thats cos the 75 dont need it.... :D

Oh yes it does, the one on mine was crap.

I,ve seen many of the ones that have been adjusted down to a pound etc etc, in the shop....they aren,t safe.

Its a trigger that breaks like a glass rod, but when set properly, and SAFE, no way can it be termed "LIGHT".

I sourced a kit made by jard for mine, that will take the trigger to a very safe 1 lb pull, and would go lighter with some polishing if required.

Horses for courses really, i unfortunatly look at everything from a target shooters perspective. For a deer or fox rifle, the std 75 trigger is perfect. I use my sako in 6mmbr for 100 metre benchrest, so you can imagine the std trigger was far from suitable.

Don't know how light you gentlemen are looking to go with your Quad triggers but both mine are in the 12-14 oz. range with a simple spring change, a spring .116 outside diameter, of .017 diameter wire .400 inches long with approximately 25 coils per inch was used. A good way to go is to remove your factory spring and use it when selecting your replacement spring. The replacement spring is somewhat shorter than stock. The Quad/Tikka T3 trigger is very simple to lighten at least to this point.

Gerald

Guest james

Iv just read your trigger quandry- My quad / target fluted barrel 17hmr combo has the standard trigger- but- this was taken to bits- honed and polished- it has adjusted to being a tad harder than a match trigger but way way crisper than standard- i also had a metal cocking bolt handle made- this took hours but is well worth it- i range tested it the other week and managed 1" groups consistently @ 275yards using federal v shock- its favorite fodder- the f.m.j's also faired well but dropped significantly lower- these were still packing hell of a punch though- easily enough for a fox in my mind, the metal target i used as a backstop was being punched straight through-

• 10 years later...
On 9/6/2018 at 7:47 PM, Moorlander said:

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!

Did / dose anyone do a Sako Quad trigger ?

While we all know about the pitfalls of making assumptions, I've found the trigger on my 1998 Finnfire (the Quad's predecessor) and  2018 Tikka T3x to apparently be interchangeable. Hence, if one can make the assumption that the Quad's trigger is of the same format any of the aftermarket Tikka (CG, Bix n' Andy, Timney) triggers should fit.

I'm aware that the current Sako centrefire triggers are significantly different to the Tikka units (three-position safety amongst other potential differences) and I'm not sure where the Quad falls with respect to this lineage; however looking at this site it appears that the same Bix n Andy unit will fit both the T3 series and Sako Quad; so I'd guess anything that fits the Tikka will also fit the Quad. 

Archived