Adjustable Comb

As many of you will be aware, most modern sporting rifles are not suited to using modern rifle scopes due to the difference in height between the top of the comb of the rifle and the position of your eye in relation to your scope.

Stocks such as McM A5 and Manners stocks etc with adjustable cheekpieces (combs) can cure this problem but for those of you who don't want to change your stock, there is a gunsmith based at Doveridge by the name of Simon Wilmore who does stock alterations for shotguns and also rifles .

His turn around is very quick - usually about a week and prices for adjustable combs start at £150.00

His contact number is 07816 918301.

The pictures below are of an Anschutz .17 HMR that he recently did for 20PPC.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Now thats just what I was looking for ;) . Dont know if you saw my post in general discussion, but thanks anyway.

Andy

Now thats just what I was looking for ;) . Dont know if you saw my post in general discussion, but thanks anyway.

Andy

Hi Andy,

No problem Andy. If you call Simon just tell him that Gary gave you his details and he will charge you double ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Bob

Simon does a fantastic job . Give him a call, you won't regret it !

thank you sir.

i am well impressed with the work, its only a old cz 17hmr but its my most used rifle for the work i do, and now having to use glasses this will sort it out and less missed shots. i will have to leave it un til the new year, but if you speak to him, give him the heads up that there are interested parties.

until then seasons greeting and have a cracking time.

this is my stock with a bit of tinkering done by a mate, this is how i would like it to look, ??

bob.

post-622-1230121746_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Went down to doveridge to Simon Wilmore to get my adjustable comb done and adjustable butt plate a very skilled chap.Exellent work if you need any work done contact Simon you will not be disapointed I am over the moon with mine. Thanks Gary for putting it on the forum in the first place loads of information on this forum .Thanks uk varmiting sako 243 :wacko:

• 1 month later...
Went down to doveridge to Simon Wilmore to get my adjustable comb done and adjustable butt plate a very skilled chap.Exellent work if you need any work done contact Simon you will not be disapointed I am over the moon with mine. Thanks Gary for putting it on the forum in the first place loads of information on this forum .Thanks uk varmiting sako 243 ;)

Did you get to choose the length of the comb or does it depend on the stock? Looks quite different from the other rifle above - with different metal fittings used underneath?

I know Simon well and he does do a fantastic job..i can give him the thumbs up as iv had work done by him before ..

I know Simon well and he does do a fantastic job..i can give him the thumbs up as iv had work done by him before ..

rob' does he do just wood or can he do synthetic stocks as well

i bet he could but i think it would only be the solid type :wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone no weather this chap still does these conversions? I'm going to buy a laminate stock for my T3 and want to have an adjustable cheek piece put on it but don't know anyone that carries out the work.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...