haenl rifle

snow white

You might be in a very small owners club! Never seen one to be honest other than a YouTube vid where someone was stalking goats with one

They look excellent to me, in the same league as Sauer, Blaser & Mauser - I've owned a Sauer for 26 years, with such rifles you get what you pay for.

Jusy one caveat - look at the competition first, Haenel is more niche market than the others, I'd be more inclined to go Sauer/Blaser ... ... or another suggestion is the Strasser RS05 - designed by Horst Blaser after he split from the company whch bears his name. It incorporates all of the improvements he wanted to make to the Blaser R93/R8.

• 2 months later...

Well I got my heanel Jagger 10 rifle in 223 what a nice bit of kit I tried it straight out of the box with some home loads which I posted on this sight couple of weeks ago and the result was very good.if you care to have a look I put photos up on march the 10th under tactical

Snow white,your first group(s) look very decent shot under honest field conditions.

Maybe just under half an inch? Which is fine for varmint shooting,at sensible ranges -as Big Al says.

The convention is to measure centre to centre of the two furthest apart shots-or,same thing,edge to edge of the two furthest apart shots and subtract one calibre (edge to edge is easier in the field-a simple 1/10 inch ruler is good enough (well,couple of inches of ruler should suffice!)

5 shots give a truer picture than 3(despite the classic 'clover leaf-each shot touches the other two-four leaf clover is much rarer!)and two or more 5 shot groups add more confidence(reduce the 'luck' element)!

Aggregate is the key,not super one offs.Remember that in field shooting,at distance,given a sub 1/2 moa rifle,group size becomes almost the least of your concerns,a whole raft of 'flier' causers comes into play.

Looks good so far,shoot and enjoy.

gbal

Archived