More roedeer hunting

Great video as always Roe ;)

See the 6.5x55 is still going strong, I noticed the new dog as well looks to be doing the job :)

Keep them coming

Gaz

Excellent video as always Thomas.

Both the terrain and the Hairy Kraut-Hound make me feel very nostalgic of days gone by.

Great video as always Roe ;)

See the 6.5x55 is still going strong, I noticed the new dog as well looks to be doing the job :)

Keep them coming

Gaz

I thought it was a x284...am I going blind??

Great video!

Best wishes

Finman

I thought it was a x284...am I going blind??

Great video!

Best wishes

Finman

Your correct ;)

Gaz

Always thought that was a 6.5x55 for some reason

Thanks guys.

I shoot a 6,5x284 loaded to 6,5x55 velocities (rather, I get long barrel x55 in a short barrel x284) which can explain it?

You also shot a Sako 6,5x55 for a lot of years before turning to the dark side..............

That¨s maybe where the confusion came from, that and the last line of your posts.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Roe, i meant what will you replace it with? Basically wondering about the cost and lack of availability of 6.5x284 barrels from Blaser. I hear conflicting things about whether Blaser will make you a specific barrel + calibre to order, but what seems consistent is that if they do, its uber expensive.

Aaaah! I was able to convince the importer to convince Blaser to make 5 barrels in 6.5x284. Didn't have the money for that, but I did have a credit card and hopefully that's me settled for 8-10 yrs.

If I wasn't so stocked with x284 cases, ordinary x55 barrels would have been a lot easier.

So with a bit of persistence, its possible to get blaser to do a run of barrels... Out of interest, what life have you got from the blaser barrels in 6.5x284?

Myself and a friend are looking into other options such as rechambering 6.5 swede barrels or getting other barrel manufacturers to make replacements in europe. I know there are people in the states who do this..

Archived