Border barrels?

Redshift

Can someone tell me exactly what's happened to border barrels, there website seems to have disappeared, I know they moved to Birmingham and were having a bit of a problem setting up, but now I can find nothing, any ideas?

Redshift

• 2 weeks later...

I hear one of the workers has come over to work in New Zealand , making barrels for Dan Hardy .

Thats correct Chris

Lee is doing very well, recently appeared on a vid that Hardy did re their rifle builds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi the new email address for that was border barrels is( Barrels@sassenengineering.co.uk ) but John Shirley has not got anything to do with it. Fast turn around time to good product and cheapest barrels on the market

Hi the new email address for that was border barrels is( Barrels@sassenengineering.co.uk ) but John Shirley has not got anything to do with it. Fast turn around time to good product and cheapest barrels on the market

Are you an employee by any chance?!!

Ok, I think I'm a little confused here, if I have any of this wrong please correct me,

There are now 2 barrel making companies started up ,1 called GBBarrels and one under the umbrella of sassen engineering ?

GBBarrels now have the ex border Pratt and Whitney sine bar rifling machine?

Does this mean sassen engineering will be making button rifled barrels?

I'm going to a darkened room to lie down for a bit

Redshift

Just rang Sassen, and the contact is John Reddish. Email: sales@sassenengineering.co.uk

Looks like it's early days as they have no details online yet, but I'm told if you tell 'em what you want, they'll make it...........

H/man

Ok, I think I'm a little confused here, if I have any of this wrong please correct me,

There are now 2 barrel making companies started up ,1 called GBBarrels and one under the umbrella of sassen engineering ?

GBBarrels now have the ex border Pratt and Whitney sine bar rifling machine?

Does this mean sassen engineering will be making button rifled barrels?

I'm going to a darkened room to lie down for a bit

Redshift

Yes, that's pretty much it.

Sassen are a CNC machining company and they have taken on Lewis and Adam from the old Border to make buttoned barrels.

I've been corresponding with them and have had a few, and to be honest they seem to be no different from the old Archer range.

Early days I know, but they reply to emails promptly and prices are very favourable.

GB Barrels will start up later this year I believe making cut barrels

Yep, they are making me some AR barrels as we speak. I,m very happy that these guys are at it again. I have always used and loved their barrels, and its great to see the phoenix rise.

I have just spoken to Dennis at GB barrels he is waiting for some parts for a machine. Keep an eye on their FB page and they will soon be back in action. :D

Making Cut rifled barrel blanks to your specification to be chambered and fitted by you / your gun smith.

What processes did Lewis and Adam do while employed at Border ?

Just had four Blanks delivered in under 2 weeks. The internal finish is excellent and blemish free under the borescope.

Great to see you two guys back in business.

Stand by. :D

Just had four Blanks delivered in under 2 weeks. The internal finish is excellent and blemish free under the borescope.

Great to see you two guys back in business.

Stand by. :D

Lies,

They're rubbish, or at least they must be. . These lads have only just started making barrels and obviously don't know what they're doing.

Nobody buy from them.....except me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Superb Lewis thanks for the reply.

Have you contact details / prices (trade), please via PM ?

Archived