Sporting Services 'Nimrod' rifle

Shuggy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are small differences to a rem 700. But it will fit straight into a rem700 stock. (recoil lug opening might need opening?)

We supply carbon stocks directly to the manufacturer for the Walkuere Rifle as it is called in Germany. I am not aware of feed issues in either AI or our stocks. Maybe the release catch was not set to the right length?

edi

thanks for the information regarding the stocks, I have a McMillian A5-A3 which I will be fitting it into, what I want to know is the barrel thread specs ???? I have been told by the Australian importer that the barrel threads and size is different to a rem 700 factory barrel ????

thanks for the information regarding the stocks, I have a McMillian A5-A3 which I will be fitting it into, what I want to know is the barrel thread specs ???? I have been told by the Australian importer that the barrel threads and size is different to a rem 700 factory barrel ????

Not Rem 700 as far as I know. Pretty sure a Mauser 98 thread. Check though.

Spoke to AS.H recently about the feed issues that were mentioned. If I can help relay info back and forth please pm me.

edi

great stuff M98 threads are easy to cut, I seem to remember adja tactical here in Australia said it had a Mauser thread but was unsure which one, Ill have to go through my goodies and look for that old K98 barrel that I will roughly copy when it is confirmed by the importer here in Australia.

• 1 year later...
On 08/01/2018 at 5:25 PM, gruntus said:

Hello Gents, 

Just looking to revive this thread. Has anyone any feed back on the 6.5 or 300 win mag? 

All the best

I have a Nimrod in 260, or do you mean the Creedmoor?

Hi Extrema, 

I meant the 6.5 x 47 but having spoken to sporting services in the last few days a 6.5 Creedmoor chambering will be available very shortly. 

How have you found the rifle? Is it definitely worth the price tag? 

I do field firing (. 30 cal tracer) and I'm currently checking to see if my local range will allow the HME of a 300 Win Mag. If it's not allowed I may go down the 6.5 Creedmoor route. 

Thanks for info in advance. 

All the best

G

Grant, I have the range orders for Blairadam tucked away somewhere, and they allow up to 5160ft/lbs, at a max speed of 3275fps.

It'll come down to your club/rco's as to whether or not they'll let you shoot it. My 338 comes in under the limits but CVPC won't let me shoot it, boo!

It is a supremely accurate rifle and shoots well with most loads. I reload only in this calibre as the cost of factory 260 ammo in the UK is prohibitive for me. Truth be told i enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting. It is quite tricky finding "the node" for my home loads as there's not a huge difference between them. I have eventually found it however.

It is a heavy rifle, at least mine is with bipod and scope. It is an excellent long range foxing rifle but you wouldn't want to be walking around with it all day.

I have had mine over a year now and every time i use it i smile, it being so pleasurable to use. I haven't had the feeding issues which others have had, maybe it's because i spent a lots of time polishing the feed lips on the AI mag which were a bit rough when new.

The only criticism i have is the Shilen trigger which though extremely crisp and precise, has sharp edges on the blade which can make my finger a little sore during long sessions.

It is a fine rifle and coupled with good optics an excellent one.

Thanks Grum, I will put my case forward for review in due course. 

Xtrema, thanks for your information, it's certainly reassuring hearing good feedback. 

Now I've just got to try and see one in the flesh! Sporting services aren't at the Shooting Show in Feb so will need to dig around a little or see if I can pop in to Sporting on my travels. 

Thanks again gents

Simply Firearms has some in, may be a little closer to home?

I couldn't gather whether he's buying in actions and having them barrelled here, or they come in as barrelled actions, so can't comment on quality. But as a means to getting a look at an action.....

4 hours ago, gruntus said:

Xtrema, thanks for your information, it's certainly reassuring hearing good feedback. 

Now I've just got to try and see one in the flesh! Sporting services aren't at the Shooting Show in Feb so will need to dig around a little or see if I can pop in to Sporting on my travels. 

Thanks again gents

I'm surprised they're not at the shooting show. They do have somewhat of a captive market so probably consider they don't need to be there.

Sporting Services aren't that far from Gatwick. they don't publish they're actual address so if you're visiting, call first. It is not that easy to find.

Thanks again both. 

I had  a peek on Simplies Web site and there are a few pictures of boxed rifles but will follow up and ask them. 

For sporting I may be down at Bisley in Feb so not a million miles away to try both venues on my travels. 

Thanks again. 

G

Archived