start of season

Is everyone looking forward to the start of there shooting season?

i dont shoot game any more but still love to work the spaniel on an estate i control charlie.i think the first day will be oct25th but im at diggle for the 600yd comp so will miss the first day.

im getting the spaniel revved up after his easy summer.

i think ill be able to make most of them

ill have a new boom stick as well but not for the first one

Ive already had a few days beating and one shooting on the grouse so the dogs are upto speed but my main season doesnt get underway til November but then I have a couple of back to backs and about 12 saturdays til the end of the season. Always look forward to it

I went out on Wednesday for a walk with the spaniels and the shotgun. Only shot the one Cock bird, i left the rest as they were still smallish so desided to leave them for another few weeks. ;)

Steve

Just finished pegging out for tomorrow, plenty of birds about, standing in chest high mustard on my main partridge drive will be fun, I think picking up will be a bugger put at least the commercial rape has gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the weather it didn't turn out to be a bad day, 168 head mostly duck, half a dozen pheasant, thirty odd partridge and 4 teal and the best bit no foxes seen!

thats a good start andy-and no fox-yet!

First day on Saturday, really looking forward to it. My cocker bitch had a litter in March and she has had a fairly lazy summer as a reward for her hard efforts in bringing me the next generation which she has done marvellously. I just wish she knew where we were going on Saturday so that she too could look forward to it as much as me.

Then again come saturday morning when the breeks come walking downstairs she will quickly get the idea. :)

Archived