my first post with a lovely buck

hi all im andy

im just getting into the longer range work so be kind lol

took this chap at the weekend rifle i have it a tikka super varmint in 243 shot was about 170 yards of the quads with 100g home loads

igjkv9.jpg

i mainly fox and stalk so most shots i take are max of around 200 but i have built my self a gong and now shooting 300 really well just need to start pushing the rounds out a tad more...

hi all im andy

im just getting into the longer range work so be kind lol

took this chap at the weekend rifle i have it a tikka super varmint in 243 shot was about 170 yards of the quads with 100g home loads

igjkv9.jpg

i mainly fox and stalk so most shots i take are max of around 200 but i have built my self a gong and now shooting 300 really well just need to start pushing the rounds out a tad more...

Looks like an excellently placed shot. :)

But best to stick to gongs for longer stuff, don't forget that it's a deer and not just convenient long range targetry ;)

But best to stick to gongs for longer stuff, don't forget that it's a deer and not just convenient long range targetry ;)

thanks it was top of the heart both lungs you can tell buy the pink froffy blood .. don't worry i shoot a lot of deer and know my limit on distance it was a straight forward shot ...

What quads do you use Andy ? I'm just starting to get into deer stalking after years of vermin shooting

Gaz

i make my own mate.... there rock steady and i would not leave the house without them foxing or stalking ... they offer much more shots

dxftaa.jpg

Nice sticks camo, what are you using to join them?

most use nut and bolts buit i think it looks rubbish plus they don't sit right ....i use 5mm think rubber orings and heat shrink the tops for the finish... it gives them loads of flex and silent

most use nut and bolts buit i think it looks rubbish plus they don't sit right ....i use 5mm think rubber orings and heat shrink the tops for the finish... it gives them loads of flex and silent

I agree, I don't like the nuts and bolts. I use 5mm black elastic chord to lash the joints which I guess achieves the same thing. Nice and tight but it allows a little flex when you need it.

Can you tell us what type of rubber rings they are and where you get them? I tried the 'o' rings from 40mm waste pipe fittings, they were ok but I preferred the elastic method.

I agree, I don't like the nuts and bolts. I use 5mm black elastic chord to lash the joints which I guess achieves the same thing. Nice and tight but it allows a little flex when you need it.

Can you tell us what type of rubber rings they are and where you get them? I tried the 'o' rings from 40mm waste pipe fittings, they were ok but I preferred the elastic method.

eeeerrr i acquired some!!! from a place i have to go to every day except weekends lol

i have some if you i can send if you cover pp

eeeerrr i acquired some!!! from a place i have to go to every day except weekends lol

i have some if you i can send if you cover pp

LOL.

would also be interested. Though not advocating you acquire more. What are they designed for?

Can u take a close up pic on the sticks.

I tend to use innertube on mine. But interested how you did it.

28lytsk.jpg

bend them in double then slide the sticks in .... its hard going but once there on JOB DONE.. I have had the same rings on mine now for two years there still going strong... and there out with me 3-4 times a week...

Hi Andy and welcome. Well done on the buck.

I have to agree with you on the sticks, excellent job..... I've a set of homemade ones as well and on the ground I cover I find them much more useful than a bipod.

hi there many thanks...

there is just to many shots that cant be taken with a pod.. hilly ground grasses humps in the land none of them are your friend with a bipod but with sticks every shot is available and steady...

i still take the pod when i no im just gonna sit and Waite on a hill sniper mode

Archived