Well they're done

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking great andy, rifle looks the part and seems to shoot the part as well. Whats wrong you havent got the 1500 quid scoped painted then ;)

Very nice mate & great shooting rifles the pair of em:-)

Mines all built & ready to pick up now but looking at the manners im wishing i got one of those & not the crappy mcmillan i have ended up using(A5)

cheers Andy

Very nice mate & great shooting rifles the pair of em:-)

Mines all built & ready to pick up now but looking at the manners im wishing i got one of those & not the crappy mcmillan i have ended up using(A5)

cheers Andy

Andy,what's wrong with the A5? Possiby the single most popular stock ever.

I'm picking up my 22BR tomorrow and then heading to Minsterely on Saturday.

Manners T4 far more comfortable to shoot than an A5 :mellow:

Andy,what's wrong with the A5? Possiby the single most popular stock ever.

I'm picking up my 22BR tomorrow and then heading to Minsterely on Saturday.

Hi Elwood

Well i like the look of the A5 when sarted looking around so i ordered one at the start of the project & then orderd a Robertson which was due to arive quicker then the mcmillan & save me build time(turned up inletted wrong)

After ordering i got to have a go on a A5 in the flesh & thought it looked a bit crapyin the flesh!:-(

Anyway long story short the hadware & build on the robertson was loads better then the A5 altho im sure its a very practical stock & will suit my needs well!

cheers Andy

Changed the rings to Badger and lapped them in (20 strokes and its done Steve :) )

Think the PM11 sits better now, it certainly is easier on the neck muscles when prone:

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

Will know better on sunday after some serious load dev....although i'm not sure if I can better .250" :) would like velocity in the 2900 region though.

To quantify the Manners T4 over Mac A5 statement, the recoil in the Manners is quicker and directly rearward, when ive shot A5's the stock resonated every time and I got a "lift" rather than "push"

Still prefer Manners :)

Guest wireviz

[Nice shooting and lovely looking gun .now is it just me or dose that stock look like its been rough cast none of you chaps ever tried a bit of wet and dry :):)

UKVGUN.jpg

Texture applied to the grip areas stops sweaty palm slippage :)

As a footnote to this thread I must thank Kal for doing a "rush job" on my coating. I know that he did it on a Sunday - his day off as he knew I wanted the rifle ready for a comp in the Czech Republic I am off to next weekend, inbettween prrof and the comp, I wanted to get it finshed (coated) and get the load worked up (so I may be in with a chance of spanking Rob H backside with the new gun :) ), which is difficult when I have to juggle kids, family and work (like eveyone else)

I didnt expect him to do it on his rest day at the expense of a day out with his missus - cheers bud ;)

Scope is to be done, but at the moment priorities are elsewhere and I think Kals has more pressing work than doing a spray job on a cheap scope :P

As a footnote to this thread I must thank Kal for doing a "rush job" on my coating. I know that he did it on a Sunday - his day off as he knew I wanted the rifle ready for a comp in the Czech Republic I am off to next weekend, inbettween prrof and the comp, I wanted to get it finshed (coated) and get the load worked up (so I may be in with a chance of spanking Rob H backside with the new gun :) ), which is difficult when I have to juggle kids, family and work (like eveyone else)

I didnt expect him to do it on his rest day at the expense of a day out with his missus - cheers bud ;)

Scope is to be done, but at the moment priorities are elsewhere and I think Kals has more pressing work than doing a spray job on a cheap scope :P

well im glad it all worked out for you.

Hi Andy.

Without seeming to be disrespectful about your choice of scope, i find the sheer magnitude of that S&B overpowers the whole set up drawing attention away from the rifle itself.

As a custom build i would have thought that the rifle should be the star of the package not the scope. :)

Ian.

Hi Andy.

Without seeming to be disrespectful about your choice of scope, i find the sheer magnitude of that S&B overpowers the whole set up drawing attention away from the rifle itself.

As a custom build i would have thought that the rifle should be the star of the package not the scope. :P

Ian.

I always thought it was about how they shot not what they looked like :)

Guest wireviz

f that was the case Shooting bags then all them fancy stripy rifles would not be getting done .The rifle is the full package me thinks ps Andy the rifle you painted had less paint burrs than that one . :) Just keep it i the ce till your given the go ahead o shoot :P Also if that scope really dose up set the balance i can swap it for a 3-9 x 50 loop and i will pay postage :P:lol:

f that was the case Shooting bags then all them fancy stripy rifles would not be getting done .The rifle is the full package me thinks ps Andy the rifle you painted had less paint burrs than that one . :) Just keep it i the ce till your given the go ahead o shoot

Care to elaborate on this Dave, or has the post been misread?

Kal

I think Dave is reffering to the wear marks on the picatinny rail perhaps?

Dave I have to say that Kal warned me the coating hadnt properly cured, despite this, I fitted the ARMS rings and scope and we went to the range to try it.

When I awapped the ARMS ring set for the BAdger ones, a small amount of coating came away with the ring s where the base jaw had been in ciontact with the rail - avoidable only if I had waited a further 24hrs.

The coating is perfect for what I want, I have no complaints at all.

Hell Kal even worked to do the job for me on his day off!

Ian,

I hear what you say about the scope, however, I need a unit with illuminated ret for night shoots. I already had the PM11 - I dont "get on" with Nightforce and US Optics cannot make me a scope in a week cos thats all I have before the off to CZ.

All said and done all that matters to me is how it shoots, so far flawlessly, i'll be asking Kal to do the scope when I get back, hopefully it wont upstage the rifle then :)

Hi Andy.

As a custom build i would have thought that the rifle should be the star of the package not the scope. :)

Ian.

hi Ian

i am very surprised to see you call another mans rifle,especially with your signature :P

Guest wireviz

lumpsandbumps.jpg

I am refering to the lumps and bumps on the stock front and rear . If i had left a job like that on a ply wood door i would have got sacked :):P

hi Ian

i am very surprised to see you call another mans rifle,especially with your signature :P

Point taken Col,

Seems i forgot my own signature, humble pie for me now then :lol: at least i didn't kick his dog :)

Its just that had i spent many hours creating a beautiful rifle and on handing it to a buddy for inspection he came out with "Wow thats some f----n scope" i would be a little disgruntled

Ian.

Point taken Col,

Seems i forgot my own signature, humble pie for me now then :( at least i didnt kick his dog :o

Ian.

:):P:lol::P well you were not quit calling it, it was more of an observation :D

Wireviz

the "lumps and bumps" are moulded in to the stock surface during manufacture, it makes it more tactile (and they are all over the surface).

Heavier texture is applied at the pistol grip palm swell and forend where one's hands usualy hold the rifle when shooting.

The early Manners stocks were totally flat and un textured they slipped easily in the hands in warm weather.

This finish is far better, nothing to do with Kals coating, this is applied at the factory and its all the better for it.

Tom Manners has thought these stock out really well, they work and I personally would have one of these over an A5 anytime

lumpsandbumps.jpg

I am refering to the lumps and bumps on the stock front and rear . If i had left a job like that on a ply wood door i would have got sacked :):P

Well its a good job the lumps and bumps are not down to the Duracoat then... :lol:

Guest wireviz

[if its practical then lumps and snoters over the surface are ok and if its only about how it shoots then the colour don't matter. Best of luck with the competition i hope you do well . It is a good job it wasnt the Duffle coat Jame,s or it would have been a returned stock and justifiably. :lol::lol:

For me the lumps and bumps should be in the right place like a fit woman on the bits you put your hands. ;)

Archived