.17 Hornet bullet choices/ availability

liongeorge

Hi all it's been a while since I've posted but I've hit a bit of a brick wall and need some help.

I recently bought a CZ527 in .17 hornet, I love this rifle and have swiftly worked my way through the initial 250 shop bought 20gr bullets, while doing this I got everything together for reloading and decided 25gr was the way to go and got 200 Hornady v-max.

I have had a few problems working up a load having to change primers and powders (Lil-gun rapid but erratic high pressure problems..another story have now moved to H4198).

So I have at last worked up a load with about 100 bullets left I have found that stock in UK is virtually non existant. The Hornady have a great BC and my rifle groups well with them Berger 25 gr are highly recommended but only the match FB target are available (do these expand ? what would these perform like in the field?) the match FB varmint are the ones I want but can't find them anywhere.

Can anyone recommend a 25grain .17 bullet that is available.

Any help much appreciated

George

+1 can't PM you (17 bullet suggestions/availability)

sorry about that, maybe because I haven't been on for a while, thanks Gary have got your PM on SD.

I don't seem to be able to PM either so don't know what's going on.

Still can't find any 25gr V-max anywhere.

ATB George

what load are you using with the 4198?

Remington 7 1/2 primer 11.3 grain H4198 this is .2 grain over Hornady data but I have no pressure signs and the grouping is much better than the 11.1 listed max. Hogdon list 11.6 as max though I think you'd be struggling to fit it in as I am just about to compress it with 11.3.

Am getting 3300fps

Archived