blair f open and ftr results

blaser308

All results are posted here

http://www.gbfclass.co.uk

Andy, you're likely mixing this meeting up with the GB-FCA league rounds held at Blair. This is a Scottish Rifle Association meeting encompassing TR, F/O and F/TR, so probably won't show up on the GBFCA's website. It'll be on the SRA site and maybe West Atholl RC's excellent website in due course.

In addition to its being a two-day event with six individual 2+15s, split equally between 900 + 1,000, Paul Crosbie organised a 'Celtic Challenge' team match which took place this morning between 4-shooter teams from Ireland, Scotland, and Wales for both F/O and F/TR, although sadly Wales couldn't get an Open team together.

The Gun Pimp was referring to the day one (Saturday) individual results which had Peter Hunt and myself taking the day's aggregate in Open and FTR respectively. After yesterday's matches, Ireland's Mark Bannon just overtook Peter for the Day 2 agg and overall F/O win. I hung on (most unusual for me to have six matches and not screw at least two of them up!) and got both the Day 2 agg and overall F/TR, Paul Crosbie the runner-up.

In this morning's three team match events, F/TR ran out as Scotland first followed by Wales and Ireland with around a dozen points between each place, while Ireland had a solid win over the home team in F/O.

A very good four-day (including practice) event with an excellent turnout in 'F' with great support from the Welsh and Irish shooters who travelled long distances to attend. Warm, mostly dry with a few showers and spells of drizzle and with light but very tricky winds mostly from 9-11 o'clock, lots of fast angle switches, confusing (lying!) flags, and 'funny elevations' - typical Blair in other words. The midges and some larger biting nasties were active throughout and we got treated to 11 very large red deer stags coming down the other side of the glen most days as well as a zero height fly-past by an RAF Hercules this morning.

Incidentally, I was using loads with Nitro-Chemie 'Reload Swiss' powders throughout, RS40 (N-C El-N110) and 155.5s at 900, and RS52 (N-C El-N130) + 168gn Berger Hybrids at 1,000. As can be guessed from a haul of eight medals and the SRA 'Flying Brick' trophy, long-range 308 results with these powders were very good.

Excellent post Laurie, I thought the OP was referring to a GB League shoot.

Excellent weekend,

A huge thanks to Paul & Tim for the invitation and hospitality.

I was delighted to take the overall aggregate against Mr. Hunt by the smallest of margins.

Taking the Open team event was the icing on the cake.

It was great to meet up with some familiar faces and make some new acquaintances, looking forward to the Euros in Sept.

Atb,

Mark B

Archived