I shot a eight pointer Roebuck head can anyone tell me how I can add photos to my post from my photos on my I pad to see if this head is worth getting measured thanks

I shot a eight pointer Roebuck head can anyone tell me how I can add photos to my post from my photos on my I pad to see if this head is worth getting measured thanks

To give you an idea, measure the length of the main beams in cm and weight of the head in grams - how is the skull cut? I'll try and help you out.

If it's a Moray head they are generally fairly light but it depends very much on where it was shot - Moray always produces some medal heads, but they aren't as common as say Aberdeenshire, Perthshire or Fife for example.

You don't say how the head is cut - 560gms might be heavy enough but 23cm isn't that long. Are we talking quite a bulky looking head.

Sounds like you've already tried a home assessment yourself if you've already done the volume as well. Take it with you to Moy if you're going, from personal experience they would usually do an yes/no assessment rather than full measurement to see if it's worth a paid assessment.

Best idea - download PhotoBucket for iPad, upload your pix and post here for a better idea.

if you have the pic in photobucket then you wil find a series of links, if you copy and paste the one that starts http into your thread the image should appear.

link some thing like this

URL=htt://s650.photobucket.com/user/royfishwick/media/Hambleton-20140412-00989.jpg.html][/url

I have removed a square bracket from the front and and the p from http so you can see the link and not the pic

This is the eight-point head in question - George e-mailed the photo to me.

022fa43b5a7124c1f442c6d8a76ff369.jpg

[edit - added second image]

9e9066a350638e83c22360c7554b3a33.jpg

In my opinion, although the antlers aren't long, they are quite bulky and worthy of assessment.

He's great cull buck. Looks like he's got a few year on him. Not the prettiest but worth a measure up.

Nice work!

Never seen one of those before. But then again even I was surprised when about 10 years ago I shot my first old doe with small antlers. A bit like your old granny who has a few whiskers on her chin!

Never seen one of those before. But then again even I was surprised when about 10 years ago I shot my first old doe with small antlers. A bit like your old granny who has a few whiskers on her chin!

Was that my Ma-in-law you shot?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived