Is this correct

Did a quick drop chart using JBM for 6.5x47 123 scenars mv-2925 f/s and it says at 400yds dial 6 moa, is this correct? Just seems a lot to me, I have rechecked all input information and as far as I can see its ok.

I reckon I must be doing something wrong, but don't know what? Any advise gents!!!

Yes that looks ok. I guess you are hoping to get 2900fps with it?

Don't forget you are comparing it with your old 22-250 Ackley which would have been like a laser out to 400yds

Rup

Thanks fellas, just seemed a lot to me but I suppose like Rup said, its a lot different than my old 22/250 ack.

I will carry on with my drop chart checks in real world shooting tests to see if I can hit the targets now.

Cheers, Tony.

Yes, Bryan Litz's G7 BC and PM Ballistic Solver 2 program says 6.18-MOA under 'standard ballistic conditions'. Note though, that's with the 'standard' scope position 1.5-inches above the boreline.

If your scope is at a different height, it can make a significant difference to come-ups, especially at short ranges. Here's what PM Ballistics Solver 2 says on a range of heights:

1" ........ 6.54

1.5" ..... 6.18

2" ........ 5.82

2.5" ..... 5.46

3" ........ 5.11

3.5" ..... 4.75

4" ........ 4.39

While the larger numbers rarely if ever apply to a conventionally stocked rifle, the scope can be quite a distance above the bore in some 'straightline' designs such as ARs and tubeguns and a failure to take this into account can produce misleading results.

Archived