UKBRA 600 Yard BR 2nd March 2014

mole-e30

Hi All

A great day was had by all on Sunday for the final shoot of the 600 yard BR season.

As the weatherman predicted, the weather was somewhat savage and this resulted in some interesting results and a number of penalties being incurred.

This final shoot went right to the wire in Factory Sporter, with any one of 3 people being able to win depending on their own result and those of others, so it was a very interesting day.

Light Gun and Heavy Gun 1st places had already been grabbed before this shoot, but 2nd to 5th we very much wide open and again there were some surprises on the day.

This season has been great, with 59 people taking part during the season.

So to the results - link to full results at the bottom of this report

Shoot number 6 of 6

Light Gun

1. Vince Bottomley - 4.870"

2. Tony Lenton - 6.410"

3. Bob Nicholson - 6.436"

Small Group - Vince Bottomley - 3.293"

Heavy Gun

1. Laurie Holland - 5.557"

2. Bruce Lenton - 6.275"

3. Gary Wrighton - 6.475"

Small Group - Gary Wrighton - 2.423"

Factory Sporter

1. David Leslie - 6.498"

2. Alan Seagrave - 7.034"

3. Tony Young - 7.745"

Small Group - Les Prior - 2.220"

Overall League

Light Gun

1. Bruce Lenton - 38pts

2. Tony Lenton - 34pts

3. Vince Bottomley - 31pts

4. Jeanette Whitney - 31pts

5. Martin Eldershaw - 28pts

Heavy Gun

1. Steve Barrett - 36pts

2. Laurie Holland - 31pts

3. Jim Marsden - 27pts

4. Jack Mills - 25pts

5. Phil Sammons - 20pts

Factory Sporter

1. David Leslie - 37pts

2. Darrel Evans - 36pts

3. Alan Seagrave - 35pts

4. Tony Young - 33pts

5. Stuart Benson - 25pts

Sunday 2nd March 2014 Full results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7jsziupoo8myp4/UKBRA%20600BR%202nd%20March%202014.pdf

2014 600 Yard BR League Full Results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewy8ubk2hmqpopi/UKBRA%20600BR%20League%202014.pdf

Thanks Bruce-well done to all the winners and to anyone who entered any of the comps.

a big thanks to Vince for organising the shoots-[even though he does turn up late]

thanks to Bruce and Tony Lenton for marking all the targets.

looking forward to the short range br starts in april.

Thanks Bruce-well done to all the winners and to anyone who entered any of the comps.

a big thanks to Vince for organising the shoots-[even though he does turn up late]

thanks to Bruce and Tony Lenton for marking all the targets.

looking forward to the short range br starts in april.

What about thanks to me for putting up with you all day :P

What about thanks to me for putting up with you all day :P

and thanks to all of us for putting up with gunnery all day

I am always intrigued why are the light gun groups on average smaller than the heavy gun groups.

Well, a lot of the Heavy Gun shooters are simply shooting guns that don't make weight - in other words, they are a little bit over the 17lb Light gun limit.

Heavy Gun shooters are often fairly new to the sport and just shooting what they have. If they enjoy it, they usually try and 'slim down' to Light Gun - the most popular Class. Light Gun shooters have usually built a rifle specifically for the sport.

For 2014 however, we are running a true Heavy Gun Class at 1000 yards. These guns will shoot 10-shot groups. There is no upper weight limit!

I'd just like to add my thanks to all those involved with the organising and running of the competition........I certainly didn't imagine getting these sort of results when I started benchrest shooting 2 years or so ago. Great crack with friendly people who are quite willing to pass on their accrued knowledge and a bit of tight competition to keep things interesting. What more could a newbie ask for :-).

Once again, many thanks to all concerned.

Dave

Ps. Darrel, the rounds go in the chamber mate ;-) :-D. Sorry......couldn't resist it. Lol

I am always intrigued why are the light gun groups on average smaller than the heavy gun groups.

as VINCE has pointed out most heavy gun shooters dont shoot true br rifles -i shoot my f-class rifle -its a good day and good company [apart from gunnery :D ]

as VINCE has pointed out most heavy gun shooters dont shoot true br rifles -i shoot my f-class rifle -its a good day and good company [apart from gunnery :D ]

nice one mate I find it a bit to easy going to use my .20tac next time :o

I'd just like to add my thanks to all those involved with the organising and running of the competition........I certainly didn't imagine getting these sort of results when I started benchrest shooting 2 years or so ago. Great crack with friendly people who are quite willing to pass on their accrued knowledge and a bit of tight competition to keep things interesting. What more could a newbie ask for :-).

Once again, many thanks to all concerned.

Dave

Ps. Darrel, the rounds go in the chamber mate ;-) :-D. Sorry......couldn't resist it. Lol

I thought that I might give you a chance and just throw one at the target :P:P :P :P:P:P:P

seriously, Well shot my mate,

Darrel ;)

Archived