Diggle Egg Shoot Anyone?

Hi

anyone going to the Egg shoot at Diggle this weekend?

Mon 28th - might be nice to have a "varminter meet"

Not sure which rifle to take, but i'll be there...

Andy

Did anyone break the egg then Andy?

Only one Tim Finley, with his Rem 700 PSS in 308. Full write up will appear at http://www.precisionrifle.co.uk/ and TArget Sports in the next couple of months care of Vince Bottomley. It was wet, then got wetter and later it hailed :P .

Typical Diggle weather.

Trimmed my meplats on the 142SMK by .005", this altered the BC by an unknown amount so I took my finest ammo there untested :(

However, I shot a sub MOA group at 100, made a txxt of myself on the 300 by getting the elevation spot on but not accounting or spotting a gust to the left when I fired shot 1 and a gust to the right when I fired shot 3 - only one shot scored that detail... :lol:

Moving to 500, I dialed in my usual 9MOA from zero to "get on", bearing in mind there are NO sighters allowed, I aimed for the top scoring area on the Prarie Dog (about an inch in diameter) only to find that my newly ajusted SMK with the lower BC were dropping 4 inches more than expected, luckily in the lower scoring area attaining one Tenone in the body and one outside in a nice sub 3 inch group.

This was nine shots total on the Dog, then we had ONE shot at the hens egg on a black backer board. The wind started swirling despite the fact it was drying up (for the first details anyway).

Tim smashed the Egg and I missed my go - all in all a fun day, lots of "craich" and much debate around the campfire if you know what I mean :(

I'll post some pics when I transfere them to the server.

Diggle pics:

The Dog

PDTArget.jpg

Vince Shooting a Stolle rifle imported by Litts - fluted barrel Mcmillan A5 - very nice :(

VincewiththeSMACK.jpg

Standard Tikka T3 at 500

TikkaT3.jpg

Unique Alpine at 500

UniqueAlpine.jpg

Bench Rifle

StolleLitts.jpg

Did I say it was wet :D

Some pics now on for those interested.

The turn out was alot less than last year (I didn't get there in 2006) but I rekon there were 25 or so lads there. Some had travelled all the way from Bisley!

As I say, it is a fun competition and it can be won on the 100 yard detail (max 45 points) if anyone misses the scoring area at the 300 and 500 yard firing points then it is a distinct possibility.

The tightest group of the day was .411",,,,,,,,,,,shot at 300 yards by a lad with a custom .308 from Tactical Solutions (or something like that) in the States, I think it only has a 20" barrel, but boy, it shoots!

Had I not screwed up the 300 yarder, I might have been in the running for a prize, as it was scored 41points and came 5th equal (I think) so not too bad :lol:

Archived