old shotty

Can't just be me this bothers, can it?

Presumably you don't live in a housey, aren't employed in a jobby or drive a carie, so why shoot a 'shotty'?

sorry yes it's you, your turning into a curmudgeon no hope for you :P .

But seriously the use of language is always changing, not always for the better. "shotty" seems to be commonly used round west yorkshire, and yes it bothers me too.

• 4 weeks later...

According to my local gunshop demand at present for SBS is no more than 10% of total enquiries.

I would think that if the bores are not pitted and the gun is in proof then £50 - £75, double that if its an ejector and the ejectors work. Might be the pics but these looks like evidence of past rust on the bottom of the action and under the top lever,

Have a look at the Holts Auction sites, they had a sale on Thurs, some things sold strongly ( like the S&B scope I had a bid in for!!) but others failed to reach a reserve. Selling by auction don't forget the auctioneers commission.

Having been left it do you actually want to sell it?, I have my dads old AYA Yeoman SBS in my cabinate unused for last 10 years but having sentimental value.

A

• 7 months later...

There's one near enough identical on " the firing line" in 20 guage called a gamecock. It should be written on the left hand barrel. It has the exact same profile to the back of the action as yours. Just type in 1957 bernardelli shotgun for sale and it will come up. It gives a price in dollars on it. They reckon it's one of the nicest game shooting side by sides for the money.

Archived