Catton Rifle shoot

204 rem

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye might do, it's only 5 minute drive from my new house :) I can hear the shots might be able to hit them out my bedroom window come to think of it lol ;)

Gaz

I'M GOING :D

Hhhmm , i wonder why lol , i bet absolutely nothing will stop you ! Have fun ! ;)

Ye might do, it's only 5 minute drive from my new house :) I can hear the shots might be able to hit them out my bedroom window come to think of it lol ;)

Gaz

bring nige with you gaz ,i fancy showing off my new toy

Gaz

bring nige with you gaz ,i fancy showing off my new toy

Hhhmm , i wonder why lol , i bet absolutely nothing will stop you ! Have fun ! ;)

nothing on earth,not with out a fight anyway

Lol Nigel might show you his new toy aswell ;) are you doing load testing tomorrow then ??

made some rounds up this after just so i can play sunday ,from what i've read/been told they'll shoot well.when i get some rounds down range i'll do some proper load development if needed

What's it like there? I don't think it's too far away from me

Good life like targets out to 500 yards, running deer targets, woodland practice and best of all a bacon butty van :) where you at mate ??

Gaz

Good life like targets out to 500 yards, running deer targets, woodland practice and best of all a bacon butty van :) where you at mate ??

Gaz

Sounds good to me!

I might come down on sunday, was supposed to be going to have a look round Diggle but not sure on that yet..

I'm in between bakewell, leek and buxton, in the manifold valley. Google maps says 38 miles away

Only got a 223 at the moment, until i finally purchase a 308.. but it'd be fun to try and stretch that out a bit.

Was supposed to be meeting a mate at Diggle, but i'll find out if he's still going.. if not i'll see you guys there.

I can't make this Sunday but I regularly go as a great place to stretch my 223 although 420 yards is usually about the max distance that you can go out to. It's also handy as I live just down the road :-)

Paul

Yeah i thought something along those lines, I'm considering getting mine rebarreled to a 1/8 to shoot the heavies and try and push the distance out

I am lucky as my sako 75 varmint is already a 1-8 twist and I load 75gr A-max which shoot really well, because of that it can get a bit easy at Catton park as you can continually hit the smaller disc at the greatest distance Carl sets out but still good fun. I tend to use my sako quad in 17hmr on the 200yard plus targets for a bit of fun and practice as practice on live quarry is not on, good fun with the 17hmr on the onions/potatoes especially when shooting next to someone that can't hit them and you destroy them all before they can.

Paul

I am lucky as my sako 75 varmint is already a 1-8 twist and I load 75gr A-max which shoot really well, because of that it can get a bit easy at Catton park as you can continually hit the smaller disc at the greatest distance Carl sets out but still good fun. I tend to use my sako quad in 17hmr on the 200yard plus targets for a bit of fun and practice as practice on live quarry is not on, good fun with the 17hmr on the onions/potatoes especially when shooting next to someone that can't hit them and you destroy them all before they can.

Paul

Already been told off last time for shooting my 17 hmr on rimfire range for damaging targets ha

Archived