7mm saum and 284 load n165

rgt

Hi "Bianchi",

The packaging simply says "KVB-7", "LR Standard" there are no further abbreviations.

The outer packaging is red & white, and has the bar code: 4 600053 004275, LOT 1-03.

Some more recent ones from John Carmichael of HPS have the same bar code, from LOT 24-10.

The newer packaging is broadly similar, more trade marks and with less emphasis on being non-corrosive.

I've never felt the need to use magnums in the .284 or WSM, but several other guys swear by magnums...so you decide..

Cheers.

Did anyone have a 7mm saum load in N165 that they would like to share, most of the post went towards the 284W This is for my hunting rifle but could always be turned into an F-class rig if it shows promise.

LAURIE- i have some kvb 223 from mr Fox if you want to try them i can bring some to diggle .

Gary, thanks for that offer, but I'm pretty sure the ones that Brian had in stock were the standard SR version. You can tell at a glance as they're a very deep copper colour. The SRMs are nickel plated. The standard version is an excellent little primer but its cup is very thin / soft and my 223 with 90s runs pretty warm in a Savage action that pierces primers a bit too easily, so it has to be a magnum type with its thicker cup.

Gary, thanks for that offer, but I'm pretty sure the ones that Brian had in stock were the standard SR version. You can tell at a glance as they're a very deep copper colour. The SRMs are nickel plated. The standard version is an excellent little primer but its cup is very thin / soft and my 223 with 90s runs pretty warm in a Savage action that pierces primers a bit too easily, so it has to be a magnum type with its thicker cup.

your right Laurie -they are ok in my.17fb but not tried them in any other rifle yet.

• 6 months later...

Here's a pic of a .223 case with a KVB-223 primer. It was the highest of a sequence of five loads of RS52 starting at 1.69 grams, with 0.01 gram increments.

Case is PPU, bullet SMK 80 grain Matchking, COL 65.6 mm. Barrel 30", 8 twist.

MV was 3140 fps (Magnetospeed). Apart from the volcano, the primer looks OK, still plenty of radius at the edge.

RS52 is now my .223 powder............

Dunno why the pic appeared where it did..........

H/man

Apologies, this thread seems to have wandered off topic............

• 3 years later...
On 14/2/2014 at 19:03, Laurie said:

N165 es definitivamente un poco lento para el cartucho. Utilizo un embudo largo Forster para todo, aunque parece que todo lo que cargué en estos días tiene el estuche completamente lleno, incluso cargas F / TR .308 y .223.

Tenía la intención de usar H4831 también, pero con la situación de polvo de Hodgdon, no hay garantía de obtener un suministro de temporada, incluso cuando reaparezca. (Cuando Edgar Brothers recibe su envío anual principal desde EE. UU. Y se corrió la voz de que los minoristas tienen polvos IMR / Hodgdon nuevamente, se extenderá como un reguero de pólvora a través de todos estos gizzmos electrónicos que no entiendo y realmente será un caso de ' ¡El Demonio toma el último! ', Al menos para Varget, H4895, H4350 y probablemente H4831 también.) Aparte de H4831, Re17 / Elcho 17 es la otra alternativa obvia para este cartucho, junto con Viht N560. A pesar de los puntos de vista de David (6mmBR) sobre los polvos de alta energía que son buenos para la vida útil del barril, preferiría quedarme con un buen trabajo de una sola base al haber visto lo que N540 y N550 pueden hacer. 308 Win F / TR rifle barrels - siempre que el cartucho funcione lo suficientemente bien por supuesto. Voy a probar con Ramshot Hunter (tipo de bola doble base) en menos de 180 segundos en algún momento solo para evaluar el polvo.

¿Primers? Voy a esperar para escuchar a otros con experiencia en el cartucho decir. Estoy usando cebadores de marca PMC rusos (Murom) que tienen una reputación como el modelo CCI-BR2 por ser suave, pero ya no puedes obtenerlos en este país.

Good morning, Laurie.
I am working on my 7RSAUM. And I already have a node over 2850 fps confirmed. Use RS70, because there is an inchant supply of vhita 165. And I use Scenar 180L bullets. The barrel is a 28 "polygonal Sabatti. Now my question is: I do not know if there are more nodes up there, I compete in Spain, in a windy field and 300WSM master opponents, at 2950 fps, it seems that there is something. Can you grow more?

You should be able to get higher MVs than 2,850 from the SAUM especially with RS70 which is one of Nitrochemie's 'high-energy' grades and has the advanced 'EI' infused deterrents technology.

Nodes generally occur at around 100-150 fps MV intervals, sometimes smaller intervals though, so you need to work up in small steps and see when you hit the next one at higher velocities, checking that pressures remain acceptable for your barrel and in your highest local temperature conditions.

Shooting at bisley yesterday in f open in approximately 80 odd degrees my.bal cal said my 180gr hybrid load was doing over 3100fps.30 inch tube.about 9 moa.i can't remember exactly what I had dialled in.it was roasting hot there.there was a CSR match going on too.

You won't get 3000fps from your 28 inch barrel with the bullet seated so deep.get it throated for the scenars or forget the ideal with N165. I doesn't sound like RS70 will either due to the same reason.

• 1 year later...
On 17/2/2014 at 23:01, rgt said:

¿Alguien tenía una carga saum de 7 mm en N165 que les gustaría compartir, la mayor parte de la publicación se dirigió hacia el 284W? Esto es para mi rifle de caza, pero siempre podría convertirse en un aparejo de clase F si parece prometedor.

I have 61.7 with Hybrid 180 with the N165 ... Precision and node between 880 and 890 according to temperature.

On 9/7/2018 at 14:42, Laurie said:

Debería poder obtener MV más altos que 2.850 del SAUM, especialmente con RS70, que es uno de los grados de 'alta energía' de Nitrochemie y tiene la avanzada tecnología de disuasores infundidos 'EI'.

Los nodos generalmente ocurren a intervalos de 100-150 fps MV, aunque a veces son intervalos más pequeños, por lo que debe trabajar en pequeños pasos y ver cuándo golpea el siguiente a velocidades más altas, verificando que las presiones sigan siendo aceptables para su barril y en su máximo condiciones de temperatura local.

Leave the idea of RS70 after 1200 shots is a useless gunpowder for SAUM. In 100 shots with N165 you will have a 2900 fps node set up easily ... Also, do not use the Scenar 180 are critical to the lands. Best Hybrid 180 very flexible with the lands.