UKBRA 600 Yard BR 18th January 2014

mole-e30

Hi All

A quick report on another successful UKBRA 600 Yard Benchrest shoot at Diggle.

Today it was Round 4 of our Winter 600 yard league and things are hotting up.

The weather was milder than a week ago, but there was some wind and an unpleasant East wind coming over the backstop, which made for some interesting shooting conditions.

The groups were larger than usual and a number of people had shots blown off the target resulting in some 6 inch penalties flying around, but overall the mood was good and we all had fun as usual.

So to the scores, well as usual the full results sheet is provided in the link below, but here is a summary (with calibres for the tech heads)

Light Gun

1. B. Lenton - 2.765"

2. J. Gibb - 4.563"

3. J. Whitney - 4.774

Small Group - B. Lenton - 2.080"

Heavy Gun

1. S. Barrett - 6.022"

2. J. Marsden - 6.416"

3. J. Mills - 11.144"

Small Group - S. Barrett - 3.250"

Factory Sporter

1. S. Benson - 5.975"

2. T. Young - 8.868"

3. M. Pearn - 9.284"

Small Group - D. Evans - 2.359" ------ Also holder of the AA Routefinder Award for the largest group and "Diggle Dollop of the Day"

Full Results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ooqim9npdo86ki/UKBRA%20600BR%2018th%20January%202014.pdf

The next shoot is on Sunday 9th February, so dust off your guns and come along.

Cheers

Bruce

Very well shot Bruce (Mole-e-30 - what the f**** does that stand for anyway??) You were the only one who had a clue!

Thanks Vince, got to thank my teacher

Ref the Mole-e30........ It's a long story and will fill you in next time we are at Diggle.... It refers to a certain classic BMW M series car that I used to own

Go on then I will spill the beans :blush::blush:

I turned the bloody scope the wrong way????

But I do believe that they were very nice groups, just not on the target :lol::lol::mad:

INCOMING :(:(

Well done mate, I guess you still could have technically won then given bench rest is based on group size not target scoring, or have I not quite got the jist?

Archived