Has Midway UK lost grip on reality!!!!!!

6mmBR

Just had a look on midway UK has it lost grip on reality with its price structure.

Look at the price for Lapua .308 brass it's almost double UK retail!!!

image_zps07aae1a1.jpg

There's taking the mic and taking the mic!

It's similar with there other pricing of things.

Does anyone order from them?

Happy new year

Dave

I have ordered stuff from them before but I'v found delivery slow, there stuff as you say expensive, and when I was waiting for one order I had to ring up finally spoke to someone, and let's just say they were far from helpful, Reloading Solutions much more down to earth..........

Their postage prices are, um, interesting too.

I'm not defending them but their postage is fixed at £8.80 no matter what you order even if it's 50kg of cast bullets. If you need stuff that only they can get (which there are some things) and £8.80 is 50% of the cost then wait until you need more stuff or do a joint order with other people.

I think most if not all of Midway UK's stock comes from Midway US. So European made Lapua going to the US then back again will be more expensive than coming from Lapua to a UK dealer.

This sadly dispels your theory :-( These are made in the USA

image_zps80de98bf.jpg

Berger 180 VLDs are around the £52 Mark per hundred but careful shopping you can get them around the £45 mark!

Cheers

Dave

This sadly dispels your theory :-( These are made in the USAimage_zps80de98bf.jpg

Berger 180 VLDs are around the £52 Mark per hundred but careful shopping you can get them around the £45 mark!

Cheers

Dave

But they ship from the US on a per order basis which has to be more expensive than a UK based importer/dealer who can ship a container load and keep the stock here.

Like I've said, I'm not defending them and have no connection to them but I can see how their particular business model works. Given the desert like state of shooting supplies at the moment, they are as welcome to me as Matt my local friendly RFD.

The first and last products I purchased from Midway, the post for a box of 20 brass was £9.....and it took over one week from delivery date.

If you want bullets straight from the States including shipping and export paper work, have a look here

http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/

Mike is an excellent guy to deal with and your bullets coming into the UK, including all the legal paper work, postage, VAT and duty will still be £15-20 per hundred cheaper than Midway!

Cheers

Dave

The first and last products I purchased from Midway, the post for a box of 20 brass was £9.....and it took over one week from delivery date.

They do state up front that postage is £8.80 and all orders are shipped from the US and take 7-10 days.

They certainly aren't my first choice if there is an alternative. Even in the US, I think most people go to Brownells instead but when you need a weird spring for a weird gun or something that just isn't commonly used in Europe, they often come through.

Firms like MidwayUK are part of the reason folks think that all RFD's are making a killing (see other thread) :(

Hard to see how they get some of their prices when theres high street shops paying far greater overheads and still selling the same stuff cheaper

Firms like MidwayUK are part of the reason folks think that all RFD's are making a killing (see other thread) :(

Hard to see how they get some of their prices when theres high street shops paying far greater overheads and still selling the same stuff cheaper

Hi Tim, that was my point, they seem to have totally lost the plot in their pricing structure.

The USA sight is cheaper in dollars than the UK site is in pounds.

I wonder who controls the pricing UK or the USA side of the operation.

Midway UK were always slightly higher but recently they have gone mad.

Just had a look for some Lap 6.5x284 brass £181per 100 plus £8.80 postage :o

crikey and i bet people pay it , i can do 200 for that lol

It's crackers, as you say I bet some poor sods get caught out as they don't know better!

plus if they do send direct from states i dont know as ive never bought from them, i suppose vat and customs could play apart as well

plus if they do send direct from states i dont know as ive never bought from them, i suppose vat and customs could play apart as well

They don't send direct, they do shipments to themselves once or twice a week with the orders placed that week plus minimal stock of fast moving products.

There are better alternative sources for most things but it's the little weird things that don't pay for UK suppliers to stock where they are useful.

They don't send direct, they do shipments to themselves once or twice a week with the orders placed that week plus minimal stock of fast moving products.

There are better alternative sources for most things but it's the little weird things that don't pay for UK suppliers to stock where they are useful.

arr ok ty

Archived