30 inch barrel on a AI/AE ?

entel

Happy New Year to you all

I have a 2. Yr old AE and was wondering if anybody out there has put a 30inch barrel in .308 on there's .it would be for trying to get that bit extra fps out to 1000yds . I have a Dolphin Barnard with a 30inch Kreiger barrel which does 1000yds with ease. The rifle is used by my 19 year old grandson and is getting a bit jaded with 1000yds. He wants to group like mine does.

Regards Entel.

My 18" barrelled AX will reach 1000 , so do many others.

Compromise at a 26" stabdard replacement barrel and so will that...

mine AE is wearing a 24" barrel and reaches a 1000yrds with certain amount of accuracy but I know what you mean I have thought of the same thing

800 yrds will do very well all the best

sm_IMG_1585.jpgsm_IMG_1589.jpgsm_IMG_1598.jpg

AI Action sporting 32" barrel

love that rifle if only funds would allow

The barrel used in the new AI F/TR rifle, as shown in John MHs photos, which are from the Sporting Services web site, will fit straight in the AE with no 'Smithing'. SS will fit it for you.

My old Mk 1 AE with a 30" truflite 1-13" twist barrel:

DSC_0302_zpsb5f21cd4.jpg

Using Lapua brass, fed. 210 match primers, Varget and Sierra's 155 gr palma's (2156) running at 3140 fps she holds 2" of vertical at 1000 yards. Truflite are an excelent barrel and I found the sierra's very easy to work with.

• 1 month later...

My old Mk 1 AE with a 30" truflite 1-13" twist barrel:

DSC_0302_zpsb5f21cd4.jpg

Using Lapua brass, fed. 210 match primers, Varget and Sierra's 155 gr palma's (2156) running at 3140 fps she holds 2" of vertical at 1000 yards. Truflite are an excelent barrel and I found the sierra's very easy to work with.

That's a lovely rig mate! What's the bipod your using?

• 1 month later...

Paul Harkins ( FTR GB team member and gunsmith ) put a 30" 1:12 Broughton heavy palma match barrel on an AE mkII for one of the members at the 101 Rifle Club at Altcar, he's absolutely made up with it.

anyone on the forum own and use one of these rifles in 308 FTR

Considering Getting a dolphin FTR rifle built, Just hoping it can make the weight with a Truflight 32in heavy profile match barrel and nightforce scope.

Mik has built many FTR rifles he will be able to advise on the spec to see if it will make the weight.

Plenty of FTR and Open shooters here who will also advise you.

From my experience, I think you would struggle to make wieght with that barrel profile and scope. I used the sightron scope and a truflite 30 inch medium palma profile barrel and still had to lighten the stock. So I would let the rifle smith guide on the selection of a barrel.

From my experience, I think you would struggle to make wieght with that barrel profile and scope. I used the sightron scope and a truflite 30 inch medium palma profile barrel and still had to lighten the stock. So I would let the rifle smith guide on the selection of a barrel.

Hi pcon, shot a couple of dolphin rifles at Midlands, Very impressed with them & will have to give Mik a shout to see if 32in heavy profile barrel build a runner without having to flute the barrel.

Hi pcon, shot a couple of dolphin rifles at Midlands, Very impressed with them & will have to give Mik a shout to see if 32in heavy profile barrel build a runner.

Mik has built many FTR rifles he will be able to advise on the spec to see if it will make the weight.

Plenty of FTR and Open shooters here who will also advise you.

Thanks for info Ronin.

anyone on the forum own and use one of these rifles in 308 FTR

Yes ..... brilliant system

That Dolphin FTR chassis and a Nesika action was what I used in 2012 to win Euro's and shoot in GB FTR at Worlds and Euros in 2012 and 2013

It has 31 inch barrel.

Yes ..... brilliant system

That Dolphin FTR chassis and a Nesika action was what I used in 2012 to win Euro's and shoot in GB FTR at Worlds and Euros in 2012 and 2013

It has 31 inch barrel.

Hello Eagernoskill, May i ask what barrel maker,profile and twist did you opt for with your dolphin build also what bullet weight did you choose, thanks

Archived