Shooting Land Permission - Lincolnshire

TACDAVE

Hello All

I`m relatively new to UKV, but to date you guys have come up trumps for me so far so thought I would ask for help on the situation I am currently in with my shooting - see what you think.

It concerns the age old problem of getting land on which to shoot over.

I used to live in Cheshire until recently I moved to Stamford in Lincolnshire. I have plenty of land to shoot over in Cheshire having grown up with most of the local landowners but post moving to Stamford have very little to any.

The local farmers I know are great but most are reluctant to allow permission on shooting anything bigger than an air rifle due to the lay of the land i.e. lots of public foot paths and build up residential areas etc. I respect this and do understand that the land is not really suitable

I am currently a member of Oundle rifle and pistol club which I really enjoy, great bunch of lads. We shoot on the majority of the bigger ranges across the UK to all distances.

Been shooting for 20 years now shotgun and FAC with a clean record and suitably insured, really missing the early Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons getting wet whiles hiding in a hedge row waiting for “Bugs” to pop his head up.

I would be extremely grateful if any of the UKV members have or know of any land I could shoot vermin over in or around the south Lincolnshire area. Would be more than happy to have a chat about it first.

Understand it is a two way thing I would be prepared to pay a fee or return the favour (Engineer).

This may be a long shot.... but worth asking

Cheers

Dave

you will get the same reply-GET OUT KNOCKING ON DOORS!

most of us have had to do it -

Quess I asked for that!!!

Was hoping however that one of the doors I knocked on had a good fellow sat on his PC browsing UKV behind it!

You are of course right however

Archived