Action Screws

Orka Akinse

Fella's

My A5 McM stock is here and I have dropped in the Sako 75 action however you advice is sought on a number of questions:

Firstly; The rear action screw isn't seating itself as deep as it did with my old wooden stock so I need a longer screw, only about 2 -3 mm in my opinion, where can I get one?

Secondly, whilst were on the topic of screws, I had a bad experience with them being slot headed and a so called 'smithy loctite'ing the tombola in. Can I get them with allen key heads?

Thanks in advance fellas

I think that the Sako's are a M6x1mm thread.

If you go to an engineering supplies shop and ask them they should have Caps Head screws in that size of different lengths.

Get longer than you require and then cut to length and use a file to trim off the burr.

I cannot recall if the 75's have a cone or flat base to the action screw but if they are cone shaped you will have to ask a friend with a lathe to trim the base of the caps head to fit snuggly to the bottom metal.

Hope that helps - apologies if the size is wrong, using memory here..... :unsure:

One other thing - before you settle on a set length of screw, it would be worth while making sure the rifle feeds with the pillars and inletting set in its present state, you may need to remove a little as well as bed the action (all Mcmillans shoot better when bedded)

Good luck.

B Square do packs for 4 or 5 different makes of rifles just overlength ready to do exactly what you want and they do a Sako kit - I know as I buy for Sako, Rem and Win. Cost for the 2 (or 3 for some rifles) around £5-6

Edgars are the importers for B Square so ring them and find your nearest stockist

http://www.edgar-brothers.co.uk/ORIGINAL_SITE/html/home.html

Thanks fellas

WSM if you would check that would be great I hope their longer :D .

Ronin, I am having the rifle bedded but until I can find someone round these parts to do it without having to wait 3 months to get it back I will have to make do as is.

where are you???

i could get it done in about 1 week. you have to wait for the stuff to cure, thats y it is a week

ATB

Colin :D

Archived