mozzie nets info or recommendation

sauer

hi folks

looks like I may be going to Gabon with work ( oil industry ) and heard that a mozzie net would be advantageous.... I know nowt about them so looking for summit

1) not huge light & portable

2) cheap

:-)

I take it id be looking for one I could set up to use to sleep in in my room bed / bunk ?

any advice info welcome

paul

Paul,

I'll dig out the details of the ones we use. Also recomend Malerone as the prophylactic, had the least reactions from those who've taken it.

I'd advise taking a sharps kit as well ( if you're not already).

Terry

• 1 year later...

Get a bloody big net , some times you can get a net thats like a self erecting tent , ie has wire hoops and is self supporting , with zippered entrance , found them to be very good .

Get a net thats impregnated with that mozzie spray , deet etc .

Also , IF you can geta big / cheap electric fan , put it on high and sweep mode , and even with out a net , it makes it REAL hard for the mozzies to fly & land on you , you will find they are most active at dusk & dawn , wear long sleeves & long trousers , in light colours , and use high strenght deet insect replenet on anything not covered .

small world , I might be heading out to gabon soon as well!

I'm currently researching mozzie nets , just need dates and duration for my malarone supply , getting a new stock of deet because it's a few years since I've been to Africa , also think i'll replace my sharps kit just to be on the safe side.

as a side note , my yellow fever booster didn't make me feel sh1t at all unlike my original dose?

Guest Stacka

Get a Hennesse hammock with snake skins. Supper light weight, so portable and amazingly comfotable.

Iv done a lot of work in Africa, and used them a lot

Better brush up on your French too..... paludisme, jai paludisme

Get a Hennesse hammock with snake skins. Supper light weight, so portable and amazingly comfotable.

Iv done a lot of work in Africa, and used them a lot

Better brush up on your French too..... paludisme, jai paludisme

"Paludisme, Bones..?'' 'It's malaria,JIm ,but with a French accent'.

• 2 weeks later...

Land or sea?

If sea I wouldn't bother never had an issue the times I've worked there.

On land silk dos bag liner, a lifesystems solo and a roll of harry black. The silk liner will keep more off than the net when you bare skins touching in your bunk. Presuming your not going to be staying in a plush double bed.

Shop arround for your malerone or get it through the company if you can it's expensive.

Port gentile isn't too shabby for a few wets, enjoy your trip

Archived