Boar/deer stalking Poland October 2013

Looking to visit Poland next month to boar and maybe deer. We will be visiting Krakow from Wed 16th October till Sunday 20th October (flights will be the Wed and Sun). During the trip we are going to visit Auschwitz at some point so i will need to factor this in. Ideally looking to shoot boar/deer in the area as we will be staying in Krakow so could do without the long drives anywhere! As i'm forced to take the mrs, and she doesn't want to be left alone, i will require transport around the area, i quote "we better not be walking miles".

​I have read that hunters need to bring their own firearms now is this the case? This will be my first time shooting abroad so would like to know every thing including any pitfalls regarding fees etc?

If you know of any professional setups in the area of Krakow please PM me.

Regards

Carl.

Thanks for your input.

I'm not looking for driven boar, more high seat action that way the wife can come with me. Can you take your own rifle or can you borrow one out there? Do you know much about the ammo situation, do i take my own or buy some out there? Shooting with some one next to me isn't an issue, i will soon let him or her know if i'm not happy with the direction of their muzzle! I know i need to apply to my police force for a European transit license for the aircraft .

Do you know much about the prices, what is an average day out cost out there, or does it work per animal. Do you know much about how the trophies work, basically i don't want to be taken advantage of!

Regards

Carl.

I think this might be the same request as I have answered on another site but if not get in touch with Steven Duncan, I will PM his e mail address to you.

No I won't, here it is saspolska@hot.pl he lives and works over there but has also been known to arrange Driven Boar hunts so may/will have contacts for High Seat shooting too.

When you contact him give him my regards.

Spoke to him today, nice chap, although told me that i was miles away from the best shooting and that it was a waste of time shooting in Krakow area! Looks like i will be stuck with the education visits now in the local area with no shooting at all, pretty gutted really, all i wanted to do was a couple of early morning/evening high seat shoots, how hard can that be when i'm even paying for it? Any way, i'm hoping someone will come to the rescue soon.

On a better note, saw a massive stag with plenty of points join the heard tonight, gearing himself up for the end of the month maybe.

Regards

Carl.

I've not been to Krakow so don't know if this is relevent but if you can find a gun shop they usually have contacts with Hunting Clubs so may be able to put you on to somebody.

I stayed in Wroclaw and found a gun shop there and was practically begged to have a day or two from High seats, not free but much cheaper than what I would have had to pay an agent over here to fix me up.

Archived