Hi all,

I am looking for a round for max stopping power min meat damage on deer ( Fallow and Muntie )

Have tried Nosler 140gr partition today. 10off 40 to 43 gr with rubbish grouping ie: over 1in at 100mtrs

Then tried 4895 and reloader15 40 gr at 20 and 30off best was reloader 30 off.

Sierra spritzer is better at 40gr and 10 off.

I'm thinking Nosler and my Savage don't like each other !!!

Can any body come up with any ideas. ????

Cheers.

Your answer is a 120 TTSX.

Reliable expansion and impressive killing power without the hand grenade effect.

Actually, for such toy deer, the 110gr version would probably be better.

Chris-NZ

Deer are 'stopped' by damaging them , you could try a dart gun full of poison or maybe sneak up on them and strangle them?

Seriously though what your asking for is at opposite ends of bullet performance ?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Calibre is 7mm-08, I am on a deer control team where minimum damage is a priority ,we keep Muntie but Fallow go to the dealer.

Heart lung shots and non modded rifles are the rules ( I don't make them ) it' s a perfect place for and the rest of the team and Manager are great bloke's so I adhere.

I forget to say my first powder was Varget which I rate but can't seem to get it right.

Just making up some rounds with 335 which is a bit quicker than 4895 but as I have some will try it.

I know I' m looking at both end's of the scale but like everybody else I want the perfect round for everything.

I would be happy to settle for middle ground if I can find it.

I'm going to look up 120 ttsx.

Cheers

Archived