IStrelok discrepancy

1 rabbit, 458 yards, dialled up, first round hit centre mass. Think my Strelok is pretty much on now :-) shot of my life!

Brill ,,,did you try a 200 base?

I helped a friend of mine the other day with his 223 howa,,,,I made up some 52Amax loads for him and went to local range on Tuesday to watch it being zeroed.The range was actually 100m but with such a lfat trajectory here the group and placement would have been hard to tell apart at 100yds anyway.Yesterday we went up to some ground for further testing and to prove a ballistic chart/program.At 200 yards I asked him to dial up the required elevation ,,,think it was only just 4 cicks necessary from a 100yd/m zero,,,,,,,,,three sighter shots all went well over an inch high nearly inch and a hal which would throw shots way high from thereon out if a 100yd/m zero had been a base point.Equally shots could have gone low.We re- zero,d the rifle to 200 and conditions that evening were perfectly still,,,,,ideal!!

On tyo the bunnies then and several shots later all from 265 and out to his best yet of 414 yards were all spot on first round hits.

For myself I didn't check my 200 yard zero with my 308 assuming all was well and good ,,,,,wish I had,,,,,missed loads all going high when spotted,,,,,,back to the 200 yard card and sent two telling shots into 12 oclock on a 2" circle,,,,conditions were perfect so reset turret and now have a working rifle and program in place again.

Slightly off topic but using Strelock in perfect conditions my son took a rabbit at 636 yards with his Rebarrelled 308 Howa by Dasherman,,,,

By the time I finished helping the farmer get his cows in for TB testing I only had an hour of light left so I'll give it a bash when I'm done at work the middle of next week.

I'm still pretty amazed that I aimed at something so small, so far away and nailed it. I've been on a bit of a high ever since. Disappointment obviously looms hahaha

By the time I finished helping the farmer get his cows in for TB testing I only had an hour of light left so I'll give it a bash when I'm done at work the middle of next week.

I'm still pretty amazed that I aimed at something so small, so far away and nailed it. I've been on a bit of a high ever since. Disappointment obviously looms hahaha

Not yet,and there are reasons.

A rifle that groups .5 at 100 yards,just won't reliably group 2"at 400 yards for a whole raft of other factors that come into play,noticeably,with distance,though a good ballistics program might minimise some of them....Not all are directly the shooter,though some are,and when they add up,especially in the same direction,and with a small target (moa) a miss is likely....sometimes....

Meanwhile,enjoy what was a very good shot.

Gbal

Archived