2013 F-Class World Championship

dannyt

We're used to the rain! It may work to our advantage?

The Yanks may well get phased by it!

I'm heading to Bisley this afternoon and staying in the North London rifle club.

7 of us are then getting a mini bus to Heathrow in the morning.

Looking forward to getting out there.

Darren emailed me to say our stash of stuff from last year had survived the winter in a cabin ok!

Good luck to all and hope we bring home some medals.

Dave

Just keep doing what you have been doing and you will be fine.

And remember don't eat all your sweets at once on the plane or you will be sick , keep us posted chaps .

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're safely on US soil!!!

Got to Castle Rock around 11pm US time an will drive on to Raton later today.

Good news is there's a new Cabelas opening next Thursday and its right on our route so will be a must stop shopping stop on the way home.

Cheers

Dave.

We're safely on US soil!!!

Got to Castle Rock around 11pm US time an will drive on to Raton later today.

Out of interest, how long did it take to clear immigration, collect the luggage, get the rental car etc.? Any unforeseen delays?

Immigration was slow around 1 hour for the whole team.

The rifles were literally a few minutes showed the guy which was my case and my import permit and we were away.

We used Budget Rental and they were pretty quick and we got under way about 2 1/2 hours after the wheels hit the tarmac.

We've spent the day reloading to get on the range for testing tomorrow. Spirits are high but we're pretty tired.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Danny the first comps are there Nationals and they start next Monday.

Up to 1000 yards this morning our last chance as the Yanks are shutting the range until the comp!!!!

Is that gamesmanship to stop us practicing?

Cheers

Dave

So does that mean that we cant shoot at 1000 before the comp?

So does that mean that we cant shoot at 1000 before the comp?

Hi Andy, basically the answer to your question is yes!!!!

However there is a squadded practice session on the Sunday morning before the comp on Monday so may be able to get a few rounds down range.

We are just lucky we have today. In stead of chilling yesterday to get over the jet lack we ended up having a manic day getting our kit together and loading ammo for today. Sadly just getting less and less sleep!!!!!

It's a very poor show to be honest out here!!!!

Dave

Please tell me we can test somewhere at 100 ?

I found out the powder I ordered has gone " for a walk" and replacement ain't happening so I've got to try something else and work a new load,,,,,,,,

No pressure

I found out the powder I ordered has gone " for a walk" and replacement ain't happening so I've got to try something else and work a new load,,,,,,,,

No pressure

Andy, there is a 100-200 yard sight in range.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3822265.0

Yes Andy,

See your itinery.

It is called the Cooper range, it goes back to 500yds.

Cheers.

Hi Des, did you go out with the Kent party sometime ago and have you had chance to get your zeros and acclimatise?

Ref various comments about the range being closed for their Nationals. Are the Nationals part of the World Championship or not? And was the 'closure' known by the International teams/individuals?

If the Nationals does not form part of the Championships, does the teams/individuals who arrived recently still have time to sort out zeros/loads before the Championships start proper? Good luck by the way to the F/Open and F/TR teams. Les Senior.

The weather is hot and humid and today we had a spectacular thunder storm which will hopefully clear the air a bit.

The problem with sunshine and rain it brings the bloody mosquitos out!

So all you guys coming bring some jungle formula!!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Hi Des, did you go out with the Kent party sometime ago and have you had chance to get your zeros and acclimatise?

Ref various comments about the range being closed for their Nationals. Are the Nationals part of the World Championship or not? And was the 'closure' known by the International teams/individuals?

If the Nationals does not form part of the Championships, does the teams/individuals who arrived recently still have time to sort out zeros/loads before the Championships start proper? Good luck by the way to the F/Open and F/TR teams. Les Senior.

Hi Les, No I am going tomorrow with the final instalment. Seeing as I was out there last August on the recon' mission, I reckoned on not needing so long this time to get sorted out.

As for the range closure, bad form that, but it seems to have been sorted now.

The Nationals are entirely separate from the Worlds, they serve a useful function for establishing zeroes, getting practice etc.

Singing off now, so tattiebye.

See you at Heathrow Des.

Ill bring some SSS and Autan Dave

Archived