Only if you're prepared to put the effort into understanding how it works and what you need to do to make it work for you.

It's a good example of 'garbage in = garbage out'. Once you know which variables need tweaking to make QL predictions match real life, it becomes a very useful tool if you need to change to a new bullet, powder, cartridge, barrel etc. etc.

I just took delivery of a new barrel. After breaking it in it took me precisely 6 rounds to find the right powder weight for a particular bullet/powder combination I want to shoot through it using QL. Not sure how many rounds it would have taken the traditional way with ladder tests, groups and trial and error, but it would have been a lot more than 6.

Only if you're prepared to put the effort into understanding how it works and what you need to do to make it work for you.

It's a good example of 'garbage in = garbage out'. Once you know which variables need tweaking to make QL predictions match real life, it becomes a very useful tool if you need to change to a new bullet, powder, cartridge, barrel etc. etc.

I just took delivery of a new barrel. After breaking it in it took me precisely 6 rounds to find the right powder weight for a particular bullet/powder combination I want to shoot through it using QL. Not sure how many rounds it would have taken the traditional way with ladder tests, groups and trial and error, but it would have been a lot more than 6.

I think Ive got a good basic grasp of QL. Are there any good guides how to use it to its full potential?

it doesn't compute any brand of primers ! but its ace when trying unknown loads / powder / bullets etc ... atb...tim

Archived