UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Does anyone know the size, in MOA and in inches, of the scoring rings on the 900 and 1000 yard F-Class targets?

Basically, the F Class target has half MOA rings - the same target is usually used at 900 and 1000 yds. F Class works on a one MOA bull so, the bull-five ring should be (approx) 10 inches, V bull 5 inches, the four-ring will be 20 inches, the three-ring 30 inches etc. To do it another way - go to the GBFCA website and download the plotting sheets - these are a facsimile of the target with a one MOA grid super-imposed.

Well worth downloading the Bisley Bible for accurate dimensions as they vary...

Well worth downloading the Bisley Bible for accurate dimensions as they vary...

is nothing sacred?

We need a papal bull on this.

Gbal

scots covenanter family,just to cover all bases.

While it is true that the dedicated UK designed f-class targets (300 / 500 / 600 are printed but any range can be done because they are all in exact proportion) have 1 MOA rings, the f-class long-range target is the ICFRA TR target with a 5" (1/2 MOA at 1000yds) white disc stuck in the centre. The ICFRA TR target is not a proportional 1 MOA target. The v-bull is 10", the bull 20", the inner 32", the magpie / aiming mark 44" and the outer 60". For F-class with the centre spot added all the scoring rings move in one level.

Iain

NRA Firearms Manager

Chairman ICFRA TR Committee

While it is true that the dedicated UK designed f-class targets (300 / 500 / 600 are printed but any range can be done because they are all in exact proportion) have 1 MOA rings, the f-class long-range target is the ICFRA TR target with a 5" (1/2 MOA at 1000yds) white disc stuck in the centre. The ICFRA TR target is not a proportional 1 MOA target. The v-bull is 10", the bull 20", the inner 32", the magpie / aiming mark 44" and the outer 60". For F-class with the centre spot added all the scoring rings move in one level.

Iain

NRA Firearms Manager

Chairman ICFRA TR Committee

So the Bible is wrong with respect to the short range targets as it lists the dimensions in whole inches rather than MOA dimensions?

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I can't get hold of the 5" white target centres for clients. The NRA are no help. At this rate l will be doing a Blue Peter with 3" centres! Any ideas?

Drawing compass, a pair of scissors, and a can of photomount spray................they'd stay on, as well.............

Pete

I went with circles of white paper in the end. I usually have pritt stick in me kit. Let you know how l get on tomorrow.

Ended up stapling the circles on to the target. It worked OK, don't think anybody noticed. Unless they read this......

Good to know Deserttech! Bisley didn't have the target centres so I had to improvise. All part of the service! :)

Don,t worry about it Ewen, you never hit it anyway

20 minutes ago, dorg said:

Don,t worry about it Ewen, you never hit it anyway

Ha ha. Brutal 

You missed a very good weekend Dan.

11 minutes ago, dorg said:

You missed a very good weekend Dan.

Yep matey. Desperate for some trigger time. 
keep the mint sauce handy, I’ll be about soon 

Usual deal , loser supplies the sauce, see you soon.