Tactical .308 rifles.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was mentioned earlier on Pete, that last years Czech police/sniper comp was won by a lad shooting a 308!! :lol:

Ian.

I think you could afford to practice a lot more with .308, :lol: I felt guilty having a go with Ewan's rifle at £3.60 a pop. :lol: I wouldn't mind a go with one at 1000+ though.

Hi Ronin,

338 - so we are talking looong range with the Lutz boolits, I have just the scope for the job but you will need a custom USO base to mount on the Surgeon base. That said S&B has 95 moa, so will get the job done.

Chris - I know who you mean, bought his AI 308 off him, and outshot him with it at the comp (it feels good to say that just once, normally I lend my kit and get beaten with it). In fact we have sister 338`s, I did not use mine for the comp only because a mate wanted it at the same time for another use.

Varmincinerator - we are talking about two comps which happened last year, the plod one was won by the lad with a TRG22 - and factory 168 grain fodder, against the likes of Russian Alpha team and on a range that favoured high bc pills. I started that comp and my S&B went tits up, sort of the two poxy allen screw that hold the elevation turret on came loose, not good.

The mil comp - won by 6mmbr, second 6,5x284 - the bloke also used a 7.62x54 for some stages, equal third Rob with 6.5x47 and a 308 Sig, equal 5th me 308 and a lad with a cz700 - 308 win. So on paper it seems like high bc and low recoil would be the way to go, but being there some stages were down to spotting shots or not. I still feel at both the plod comp and mil comp 338 was the way to go. Had Jock poped the ballon on the lad day - he would have won, I think 338 Lapua had a much better chance of doing that than 308 win.

David.

LM105's it is David with a fast twist 1-7" barrel and a Manners T2A.

Just waiting for the care parcel to arrive in the brown van........ :)

Scopes - undecided as yet, already have 2 x PM11's to choose from,,, USO SN9 may be another angle though...

David,

I think that's the XM-110, which is a lot the same the MK11 mod 0, I'm not positive..Got racks of em here..Wanna get real tactical, throw on the FIST or UNS thermal, and might be able to add a 40mm grenade launcher or masterkey 12 ga to the bottom of the ras..Wonder how that would work in the UK, if you had a straight pull SR-25, with an attached to bottom rail pump 3 shot 12 ga?

JR

I am indeed, but the PM was sent too him (Varminter) the minute he posted the for sale bit.

Just so it is known theres no skulduggary gone on here.

Never thought there was any, but perhaps some sort of reply to my post would have made matters simpler. We obviously didn't realise that to confirm an intention of purchase a pm gets it. I'll know better next time. My mate's still in the market for a Quadlite in 6.5 if there's any out there to be had.

Unfortunately ,until an item has sold put on it , you tend to believe you're still in the running, it's impossible for anybody to know that someone has made a private approach and consequently bought the item when the item is still on the for sale section and no mention has been made that someone has already purchased the item privately.

Good luck with new rifle , Pete.

Never thought there was any, but perhaps some sort of reply to my post would have made matters simpler. We obviously didn't realise that to confirm an intention of purchase a pm gets it. I'll know better next time. My mate's still in the market for a Quadlite in 6.5 if there's any out there to be had.

Unfortunately ,until an item has sold put on it , you tend to believe you're still in the running, it's impossible for anybody to know that someone has made a private approach and consequently bought the item when the item is still on the for sale section and no mention has been made that someone has already purchased the item privately.

Good luck with new rifle , Pete.

Its a fair point Pete, apologies for any confusion, it wouldnt of been my place to put a sold post up but I will mention it to Varminter.

If I hear of any actions I will PM you.

the TRG's are good to go and there is a way of making the cheek piece and butt fully ajustable :lol:

Ronin.

Could you tell me more about this ?

I have found a chap call Terje in Norway who machines removable spacers with thumb wheels but nothing that makes the stock truly adjustable.

My TRG-22 should arrive in the next couple of weeks and I'm a bit of a tall git....

Cheers

Tony

It was actually Terje's innovative idea I was referring to.

I believe he can be contacted on 6mm BR or "The Hide" and he is about to retail the conversion, although i am not sure if it would be a straight drop in.

Looking at what he has done, it "seems" a relatively simple task, if you have a milling machine :lol:

It was actually Terje's innovative idea I was referring to.

I believe he can be contacted on 6mm BR or "The Hide" and he is about to retail the conversion, although i am not sure if it would be a straight drop in.

Looking at what he has done, it "seems" a relatively simple task, if you have a milling machine ;)

Milling Machine? Nah... I could probably whittle it out of balsa though :lol:

Terje's stuff will make the butt plate finger adjustable up and down and the cheek piece will be easily removable for taking the bolt out.

I swapped messages with him last night and he will make the spacers to fit my oddly elongated body.

Pic for anyone interested...

TC

post-2991-1203943047_thumb.jpg

Archived