Recommendations for F-TR bipod?

Chris-NZ

My son wants to have a go at shooting F-TR here in NZ. I can let him use my NRA rifle which doesn't get much use these days. I have a suitable basic scope but need a bipod. My Harris' probably won't cut it..

What are your recommendations for decent bipods?

cheers

Chris-NZ

Hi Chris, while I'm a F open shooter my first interest in a F TR rest would be the Seb joystick

There are many other rests out there as I'm sure you're aware, possibly the next two on my list would be the Dolphin bipod and the Evo F TR bipod from Third Eye Tactical.

Hopefully someone with actual experience will contribute to this thread.

i Chris i shoot FTR with a AI 308 and keep it simple by using a Atlas bi-pod and a THLR squeezie back back not saying thats all you need but works for me i have tryed the mystic bi-pod from foxy they are light but a solid platform to shoot from but i prefer Atlas

Thanks guys, some good stuff to check out.

That Mystic one seems a good possibility at first glance

Yes.I have an evo and a rempell-the latter is a bit heavier,but both work very well,as I don't care much about a few extra ounces for range shooting.Ease of fixing to various stocks might be a factor,but really mostly if you want to transfer between eg rail and no rail....

gbal

i Chris i shoot FTR with a AI 308 and keep it simple by using a Atlas bi-pod and a THLR squeezie back back not saying thats all you need but works for me i have tryed the mystic bi-pod from foxy they are light but a solid platform to shoot from but i prefer Atlas

Barry, did you buy a mystic or just try one? What put you off?

Barry, did you buy a mystic or just try one? What put you off?

Hi Matt i just tried one at diggle in a comp nothing put me of but after trying it i did not feel any benefits compared to atlas even though the Mystic as a wider footprint the way i shoot the atlas is a good solid platform

Hi,

I shoot an AE .308 in FTR and because of the weight of the rifle, I went with a Fito Force Fusion,

Link

from Stuart Anselm at Osprey rifles.

LINK <~~~~ Click Here ;-)

It has a good wide base and I find it very stable and tracks well.

Thanks guys for all that.

Decided to run with a Mystic which is both light but strong. If my son eventually decides F-TR isn't for him. I can always run it on my heavy varmint guns.

It's also only 200 Canadian dollars which is way cheaper than most of the alternatives

Chris-NZ

• 8 months later...

Hi it's Nicky, I use mystic bipod on 308, and I find it a solid solution to my rifle needs , use to use Harris bipod they are to dam flimsy for a rifle. Well that's my opinion .

• 1 month later...

Archived