Trueflight Barrels

walkabout

With a bit of a shortage of US barrels in certain calibers, what's your opion of Trueflight Barrels?

Do they stack up against Bartlein, Kreiger or Broughton?

I realise Trueflight is a Button rifled compared to some cut barrels.

Shortage?

Callum (PRS) has loads of Kreiger

Mik (Dolphin Rifles) has loads of Bartleins

Brian Fox has a number of Bartleins, plus Tru Flite

Dont discount Border Barrels either from your list

Don't forget Bergara barrels. I have had a rifle re-barrelled with a Border Archer barrel with good results but it really grates with me that they openly sell their barrels cheaper abroad than domestically and I am not talking about tax levels.

I have a tru flite on a 6.5x47 it shoots as well as any barrel i have owned and i have owned almost all of them. When Neil Mckilop fitted ti he said it was one of truest

barrels he has fitted. To be honest i think as long as you choose a custom barrel maker you won't go far wrong.

RGDS SEAN

With a bit of a shortage of US barrels in certain calibers, what's your opion of Trueflight Barrels?

Do they stack up against Bartlein, Kreiger or Broughton?

I realise Trueflight is a Button rifled compared to some cut barrels.

I've had a few Trueflites -they cut really nice, they are straight and they've shot well for me (UK 600 yd BR record)

walther - germany also !!

I have a Truflite waiting to go on my 25-06 to replace a Walther that is a Dog. I asked much the same question as you before i bought it and got some very positive feedback. Do a search.

My Truflite has the SG Lands Rifling. I got it from Fox Firearms.

Nick.

I replaces the barrel on my AE with a True-Flite for F-Tr and I would definitely recommend them . I'm looking into a full custom build and True-Flite are on the top of my barrel list...

I replaces the barrel on my AE with a True-Flite for F-Tr and I would definitely recommend them . I'm looking into a full custom build and True-Flite are on the top of my barrel list...

I am getting my full custom ftr from DCR with a trueflite barrel coming up by the end of this month. Keep you posted!

Can't wait!!! .

Hi Gary

The 2 barrels I was running in on Saturday were a 6BR (Bartlein) and a 6.5x47 (Truefilte)........

You saw the groups, neither were bad, so to be honest I would go with either.

Cheers

Hi Gary

The 2 barrels I was running in on Saturday were a 6BR (Bartlein) and a 6.5x47 (Truefilte)........

You saw the groups, neither were bad, so to be honest I would go with either.

Cheers

Bruce- i thought they were both truflites -and yes the groups were very good - but the old man was in charge of the powder -you did the easy bit pulling the trigger :D

For me 3 makers stand out ,

Bartlein

Krieger

Border

All cut rifled barrels , I would be very happy with any of them , if the US are difficult to get , order a UK Border 5R and be very happy , I know I would .

Be aware I live in NEW ZEALAND , where Truflite are made .

Later Chris

For me 3 makers stand out ,

Bartlein

Krieger

Border

All cut rifled barrels , I would be very happy with any of them , if the US are difficult to get , order a UK Border 5R and be very happy , I know I would .

Be aware I live in NEW ZEALAND , where Truflite are made .

Later Chris

Chris,

I'm trying to decode that :) Is that a comment on cut vs button, or a comment on truflight ?

I have a few AI rifles , all with Border cut barrels , very happy with them , I prefer cut rifled barrels over all the rest for precision , also like 5R , Bartlein and Border do the 5R , ie canted lands etc , I brought Bartlein before they had a big name , and very happy with them .

In NZ , some people have good results with trueflite , and some donot , also when a buttoned barrel is the same cost as an imported ( USA ) cut rifled match barrel from K or B , I put my money on the cut barrels every time , even when the wait for a USA made barrel , can be a year or more .

In NZ , a trueflite is 1k or 500 GBP , yeap I will look at USA or UK , hope I am now crystal clear .

Later Chris

I visited Truflight in Gisborne whilst on holiday this year, just on off chance they might have a couple of barrels on shelf in the calibre and profile I was looking for. Well there were loads of barrels but none profiled ,no problem says Andy I'll just do them for you now. I went off to transfer some money and came back about an hour later, just about done he says have a cold beer and I'll show you round the shop. {beer fridge in middle of shop].

I came away with two profiled barrels and they didn't cost anything like £500 more like £300 each.

I recently waited six weeks for Border to profile a barrel for me.

I have a few AI rifles , all with Border cut barrels , very happy with them , I prefer cut rifled barrels over all the rest for precision , also like 5R , Bartlein and Border do the 5R , ie canted lands etc , I brought Bartlein before they had a big name , and very happy with them .

In NZ , some people have good results with trueflite , and some donot , also when a buttoned barrel is the same cost as an imported ( USA ) cut rifled match barrel from K or B , I put my money on the cut barrels every time , even when the wait for a USA made barrel , can be a year or more .

In NZ , a trueflite is 1k or 500 GBP , yeap I will look at USA or UK , hope I am now crystal clear .

Later Chris

I think crystal-ish. :)

It's a comment on button vs cut; not truflite per se?

Are your AIs wearing their original barrels? If so, they'll be Lothar or Archer buttons!

Nothin wrong with Lothar barrels, some of the most accurate rifles ive made have used LW.

They may be "hard" on reamers - that why I pre bore...

But they sure do shoot.

Nothin wrong with Lothar barrels, some of the most accurate rifles ive made have used LW.

They may be "hard" on reamers - that why I pre bore...

But they sure do shoot.

got one on my rpa and is very accurate indeed.

Archived