Leupold qrw rings

jay222

Just got a set of these, the need to flex them over the scope tube just feels very wrong to me and I'm not looking forward to taking them off to see if they've marked the tube! Has anyone else got these and if so how did your scope take to the treatment?

There are a couple of ways around this. One being a bit of grease on the two lead edges of the top ring or use a piece of film negative or some of the material a screen protector is made of. Just place it on the scope and push the ring down over it. Then remove.

I got a really nasty scratch on a Swarovski with these rings. Damned good rings for the money though.

The best way is to use 2 allen keys, put one into one of the threaded holes each side of the top ring so they are upright, push the top of each allen key gently inwards which will flex the ring just enough to open the ring out and drop straight down over the scope tube.

Regards.

The best way is to use 2 allen keys, put one into one of the threaded holes each side of the top ring so they are upright, push the top of each allen key gently inwards which will flex the ring just enough to open the ring out and drop straight down over the scope tube.

Regards.

Thats a better way to put it ;)

Regards.

That sounds like a winner, ill use this method next time

Archived