Lapua scenar l

johnd

Hi are the Lapua scenar I bullets available in the UK , if so where and in what calibers

I've had the 'L' versions in 223 and 6mm 105gn but I've not seen the 30cal. 155gn as yet. Hannam's are the main importer - I'll see if htey are aware they exist next time I go.

the usual, profile change, consistency improvements(promised?), weight change. I have really done any serious load development so far but they seem to generate more pressure than the 139's did and like for like shoot 125 fps faster. I found an accuracy node that was good but was just going to be too hard on the cases driving them to 2975 fos and since i prefer to shoot my guns rather than change barrels i will look for the lower node which im hoping to find back around 2800 or a tad less. Just for example my 139 load is 43.4gr of H4350 for 2850 fps but often back down to the node at 42.4gr as they are 60 fps slower but a little softer on the cases and preimers in my slack pin rem action. 42gr iwith the 136's which I thought might be a reasonable start was driving them at 2850 dtraight off the bat so when i get chance i will measure the bearing surface and diameter, see if they are longer, tighter or both ooohhh errr.

I just got some to take a look, my 260 has shot those 139's from the off and with some good results when i actually keep the same scope on it for more than a month.

Chris- i was out with my 6.5 x284 yesterday on the range-iv had some serious vertical issues with the load im using so i upped my charge from 53.8gn -n165 in increments to 55.0gns n165 with no signs of pressure and a nice easy bolt lift .

over the chrono i got 3050fps avg with es of 20fps.also changed the seating depth to give a slight jump this seems to have done the trick :) fingers crossed im going to give this load a spin next week at diggle in the 1000yd f class.

give the n165 a whirl.

The 155gn 308s ARE available at Hannams - I bought 200 last week alongside some 136gn 6.5s.

Laurie- will you be playing with those next week-1000yd?

Thanks again guys, I will be onto Hannams in the morning Laurie and see what's what,for me the 139 scenars(I've always shot silvers) are the best bullets I have ever used , either in 65-55 or 65-284 I've been all in at 800yds at Bisley using them in a 65-55 .I intend barreling one of my rifles to 65-47 and can't wait to see what these new kids on the block can do running in front of about 43 gns of vit 560.

Laurie- will you be playing with those next week-1000yd?

Gary,

No, I'll give them a look over and see how they compare to the standard model, and maybe try them later in the season. Won't make the 1K match I'm afraid, down at Bisley that weekend. A shame as there's not too many 1K shoots at Diggle. Have fun!

Archived