.223 AI reamer freebore advice

Si-Snipe

Seat up a dummy round where you want your head or heads to be and send to your riflesmith,,,he will be able to throat to suit,,get a reamer etc,,,Dasherman and Russ Gall have done this for me with 6 br ,,223 and 308 and am sure most other smithys on here will be able to do the same,,,,I know my way around 6BR freebore,s but cant help with your 223AI,,,,,Onehole

Hi mate. Yes I can do that but trying to determine whether reamer going to be short enough. Smith has a throating reamer so no prob going longer but you can't go shorter. PTG have asked whether we want it shortening so trying to calculate from their drawing what freebore would be required for 53's.

See what you mean,,,,mmmm Can they do a zero freebore reamer then Smithy can make up a reamed out dummy chamber on a piece of old barrel,,,,test seating with your heads and go from there????

Probably talking through my butt,,,,not an engineer by any means but just thinking it through,,,,,best of luck anyways,,,Onehole

Hi mate. Possibly looking at either 0 freebore or 20 thou. Mike Norris is kindly going to check out the freebore on his tomorrow and let me know how the 53g Vmax seat etc even though he's not doing the job. Very helpful guy.

Archived