Aguila Mini Shot Shells

Hi BD,

The last major company to list Aguila products was York Guns but there is nothing mentioned on their web site. Before that it was Howitzer Products but they are long gone,

Alan

There are quite a few manufacturers who make subsonic 12 guage shells Matt. Try The saddlery and gun room. They make the fully moderated pedretti shotguns and sell the subsonic cartridges for them. Off the top of my head they are about 21 grammes or lighter.

My Saiga will cycle them one handed. They have little more kick than an Airgun.

These for the youngsters ?

the subsonic stuff i've seen is a heavy load (32g?) but at reduced velocity ? they do kick less than standard loads though

gamebore and express certainly used to do reduced recoil loads (21g from memory) have you tried your local cartridge supplier?

I'll text a guy and get back to you if he knows?

There are quite a few manufacturers who make subsonic 12 guage shells Matt. Try The saddlery and gun room. They make the fully moderated pedretti shotguns and sell the subsonic cartridges for them. Off the top of my head they are about 21 grammes or lighter.

WC Fields was asked "Do you believe in clubs for youngsters?" and replied "Only when kindness fails".

george

ps extensive psychological research indicates rats are less cooperative.

Actually for the Frau; she's never fired a 12g - I fired the new s/h Mossberg on the w/e with some 30gram game loads and I think a couple of fillings fell out; it's a bloomin light gun - I don't want to start her on those it'd put her off forever!

Actually for the Frau; she's never fired a 12g - I fired the new s/h Mossberg on the w/e with some 30gram game loads and I think a couple of fillings fell out; it's a bloomin light gun - I don't want to start her on those it'd put her off forever!

OK- case check out website "chocolate weapons" 12 g choc shot shell with peanut butter load .No teeth needed!,(in the worst case scenario).

Light loads should help though-even the 24g,but subsonics too-sometimes clay coaches have some,if there's a club nearby.

( Otherwise,I am advised,not convinced,but decide for yourself,stock design is the issue responsible for recoil.Dental practitioners may not be up to speed on Newton either!)

george

I have done a bit of shooting with the Aquila Mini Shells buckshot load which is a combination of buck and #4 shot. Extremely easy to shoot, controllable and lethal at 25M. I remember cycling through a 14 shot magazine and shredding my targets at 25M without losing sight of the target. The factory guy handed me a second shotgun that had a standard, police issue Remington 00 buckshot load tucked into the magazine between the Minis and I certainly was made aware of it's presence when that round cycled into the chamber. The difference was startling, to say the least! If you can track the mini's down, they will be a good find.~Andrew

Archived