STANDBY STANDBY

brown dog

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, it does - can't say this new software strikes me as glitch free as yet :(

Given all the hassle and negatives reported,especially about easy direct access to the latest 'unreads'/new postings,and almost no positives other than arbitrary colour preferences for some chronographically challenged,out of idle curiosity,what was the reason to mess with the site-it wasn't broke,as far as I could tell,so why was it "fixed"? And why isn't it in 6.5x47,which as we keep getting told,can do everything,and then some?

Given all the hassle and negatives reported,especially about easy direct access to the latest 'unreads'/new postings,and almost no positives other than arbitrary colour preferences for some chronographically challenged,out of idle curiosity,what was the reason to mess with the site-it wasn't broke,as far as I could tell,so why was it "fixed"? And why isn't it in 6.5x47,which as we keep getting told,can do everything,and then some?

Old software version no longer being supported by the provider. New version is supposed to be 'progress'. Feels more like a beta version. I'm sure it will iron out in time.

am i the only one getting the little black arrow allowing me to navigate straight to the last post

im loving the new look and feel well done BD i say

I,d be peeved.

At least George gets to live in Cumbria. Its only drawback is that its just below the ginger p iss stinkers...... :lol:

[smileys are in the taskbar in the reply box ]

am i the only one getting the little black arrow allowing me to navigate straight to the last post

I've sussed it, if you click on the bluey/black dot to the left of thread you wish to read and it takes you to the first unread post of the thread.

I'd like to second Mark's last comment as well, thanks to all involved for your hard work.

:D:lol::P;):):wub: Take ur pick. :lol:

Steve.

Old software version no longer being supported by the provider. New version is supposed to be 'progress'. Feels more like a beta version. I'm sure it will iron out in time.

Thanks,BD.That explains it,sorry if I missed some earlier mission statement on this.I've changed my brand of latte too,and need to readjust generally.

george

I,d be peeved.

At least George gets to live in Cumbria. Its only drawback is that its just below the ginger p iss stinkers...... :lol:

[smileys are in the taskbar in the reply box]

This redesigned software malarky is worse than I thought,Dave.I used to live in Northumberland,now I've been moved to Cumbria. Thankfully I can still get to Scotland and Yorkshire easily enough.

dod

Thanks,Spud.I was going to ask if you could make me one,but it seems to be there and work,as does the nearby vertical white arrow.It's the modern way-to get the instruction book,you download,and to download you press the button that isn't marked 'instruction download' and might default to chinese script.I am over 21,probably the problem!

george

I've sussed it, if you click on the bluey/black dot to the left of thread you wish to read and it takes you to the first unread post of the thread.

I'd like to second Mark's last comment as well, thanks to all involved for your hard work.

:D:lol::P;):):wub: Take ur pick. :lol:

Steve.

Thanks Steve,it's all beginning to look like useable.I am just of the old school that liked to read the instructions as a first resort.Actually,that's the very old Moses school,who assume there actually are instruction somewhere.

Thanks,Spud.I was going to ask if you could make me one,but it seems to be there and work,as does the nearby vertical white arrow.It's the modern way-to get the instruction book,you download,and to download you press the button that isn't marked 'instruction download' and might default to chinese script.I am over 21,probably the problem!

george

What's up gbal, you just peeved because your between Yorkshire and Scotland?
More in some initially disorienting, revamped cyberspace,for the temporally challenged or latte deficient,but I'm sure collectively,we'll suss out how it works-as per the already helpful comments from the more agile youngsters.Yorkshire and Scotland, and in between, have their compensations, shooting included-it isn't busy or Bisley!

george

Have to agree with you George, beautiful countryside up there. However now you've gone and done it, you've mentioned the 'B' word, how could you?
I have an appropriate 'old school tie',so can't easily be sent to Siberia,even for a Short visit.And some of the Yorkshire balance has rubbed off-I have a chip on each shoulder,so could eg use the B and the F word in the same sentence,but generally choose not to,following the great tradition of Scottish Gentlemen who know how to play the bagpipes but......

G

Ah, I say old boy that's damned luck then. Do they have decaf latte down there for you to?

Down there,Claridges has everything a chap might need for refreshment.And a proper G&T is under ten guineas,too-remarkable value.Bisley is not too well appointed as a gentleman's club,indeed some guests are improperly dressed.Won't do at all,old chap.

"View New Posts Since Last visit" link hasn't worked for me since upgrade when using Chrome in Windows 7.

Internet Explorer is OK

This was the tech answer - I'm not sure it answers the issue; but here it is for what it's worth:

For the member experiencing the View New Content issue - have them check the left-hand sidebar and verify what the settings are there. When you adjust these options, they are saved so that when you return to View New Content, you do not have to re-select them (some people prefer past 24 hours, some past week, only items they've participated in etc... this allows them to pick and choose without forcing every one to the same time frame).

Archived