anti mirage moderator cover

Hi all iam on the look out for a anti mirage moderator cover wonder if any one has one they dont use and thinking of selling. if you do have one please get in touch as i would be intrested thanks

I tried a neoprene mod cover and found it insulated the mod and it got absolutely stinking hot. Ok for one or two shots while deer stalking/foxing etc but no good for range use. Have you thought about trying a mirage band, think sporting services do them for AI's

no it is the thermal mod cover what i am after not the band i beleive they are the best they will reach very high temps and not melt i know Tab and sporting services have them but just wondering if any one on forum may have one for sale.

You're going to be extremely lucky to find one for sale that will fit your moderator unless the seller has the same model as you do.

As you mentioned Sporting Services does carry some of our covers. If they don't have them in stock you can order directly from us. We ship all over the world.

Here's a link to three of our models, we've been building these for years.

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-sas-suppressor-anti-mirage-shield.html

Here's a link to our newest model of moderator cover that we've just come out with. I don't believe that we've sent any of these to the UK yet.

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/sas-r.html

thanks scotch i will look into that

Barry, have you noticed 3 or 4 posts up, Tony Burkes (ie TAB gear owner) himself has answered you? You can get any info you need from the oracle himself :)

Have a look at the Wales thread - just about every rifle is wearing a TAB suppressor cover. Can't recommend his kit highly enough.

Hi Matt yes i have replyed to Tony i will be ordering one in new year yes i noticed all the AI wearing there caps wish i had been there with mine thanks for your reply do they really work in rapid fire situations.

Hi Barry,

Ive been running the TAB gear mod cover for a fair old period of time and have rapid fired and still been able to confirm the target.

It does however depend on a number of variables -i.e. :- barrel thickness, caliber, how hot the round is, etc....

But I'd second Matt's comments the TAB gear ones are spot on.

I think the Mod cover serves a number of uses:- stops damage / scratches if hunting, eliminates the "Ting" mods make when the hit branches and foliage.

With the use of Nomex - this helps stop some of the heat transfer that causes mirage, far greater than neoprene.

Regards

Rob

Hi guys, Happy New Year to everyone.

Hi Gunnery, I've replied to your PM. If you have any more questions fire away and I'll be happy to answer them.

To address Scotch Egg's comment about measurements. When we first started making covers we made them to the length of the can exactly. As the cover gets older and the inner material packs down the front of the cover would hang over the muzzle of the moderator. This would expose the cover to muzzle blast and the inner liner would become damaged and customers were unhappy. We began taking 1/4" from measurements provided a couple of years ago so that we wouldn't have this problem any more. When the inner material packs down the front of the cover typically is about 1/8" from the muzzle. In any case the 1/4" won't cause enough mirage problems that the shooter will notice it.

Long Range Capt, thank you for using our products. It's getting to the small details, but figured I'd throw out some information. We don't use Nomex in our covers. Many Many people have thought that over the years, but Nomex is designed for flash type fires, not repeated heat up and cool down cycles like the covers are exposed to. Nomex begins to deteriorate after being exposed to high heat and would not last long in this application.

We've sent quite a bit of our products to the UK in the last few years so thanks to all of you guys who continue to use our products. We've got some new products coming out soon and we'll get them up on the website as quickly as we can.

All PM's replied to gents, thank you for your interest.

I have been using one of these mod covers for a while now,

And to be honest i think that they are the dogs dangly bits,,,

I have used them in the field and for 100yrd bench rest comps,

The rate of fire in a 100yrd comp is very rapid and i have been able to see my target with no lose of vision,,

and I do believe that they help with dulling the sound down a lot,,,

600yrd br comps are a doddle with the sound mod on and one of these covers,,,

The results are in my many first placings and 7 small group patches for 2012,,,

Forgot to say that i use a AIAW in 6.5x47

People try and say that a sound mod is detrimental to fine accuracy???

But I hope that I have set some standards and proved them wrong,,

Barry just go and buy one, you won,t regret it I promise

Darrel ;)

ive just ordered one of these just got to wait for delivery now :D

atb mike

just received an email off lisa bynum (rifles only)to say i am getting a 29 dollar refund on postage

excellent service :D :D

I'll tell you what, I'm cracking up at some of the saying you guys come up with. "Dogs dangly bits" HAAAHAA!!

Thanks Darrel, I'll bet you have made some people take notice with consistency like that.

Thanks a lot for the continued business guys, we appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been informed by Tony mine as been posted to-day from states dont know how long it will take to come hoping i would have it for 600 br comp at diggle sunday but that might be wishfull thinking.

I have just been informed by Tony mine as been posted to-day from states dont know how long it will take to come hoping i would have it for 600 br comp at diggle sunday but that might be wishfull thinking.

mine was posted on the 10th jan barry so 12 days to arrive mate i dont think you will have it for sunday but you never know

atb mike

Hey gunnery, I'm sorry about your cover not shipping out as soon as we would have like it to. We were in the middle of some large orders and getting ready for the SHOT Show. We worked hard on getting as many orders out as we could before stopping production and directing all of our resources on finishing up SHOT Show preparations. Unfortunately your order fell on the wrong side of the preparations, I apologize for that.

Thanks again for your business.

Archived