my dream buck

Hi every body

my christmas has come early had an invite from a good friend to stalk a big fallow buck.

Have wanted to do this forever so it was a dream come true

Had a brill day (except for the weather)

hope you like

merry christms to everyone on UKV

MO3 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bigfallowbuck009_zps92cdbca5.jpg

Park animal or not, most stalkers would give their left dangler to shoot a Buck as nice as that one! Well done.

Mike

I have to disagree....... I wouldn't give anything to shoot an animal in a park, nice buck or not.

Certainly an impressive trophy but, if it's not fair chase I'm not interested.

ATb

Moses

If that isn't a park deer, then it escaped from one! its got classic Petworth strain look to it.

P.s did you shoot it on a golf course, because the grass looks awfully grazed to me?

not a bad head regardless.

I have to disagree....... I wouldn't give anything to shoot an animal in a park, nice buck or not.

Certainly an impressive trophy but, if it's not fair chase I'm not interested.

ATb

Moses

Read the post Moses, I clearly said "most" not "all" stalkers. Regardless of whether you consider park culling "proper stalking" or not it's still one of the nicest heads

I've seen on a Fallow in the UK.

Mike

it's a nice beast , stop giving the guy grief about where/how/why he shot it etc !

he is very pleased with it and shared his delight with us ? (he probably won't again as he's had his bonfire pissed on!)

:angry:

Read the post Moses, I clearly said "most" not "all" stalkers. Regardless of whether you consider park culling "proper stalking" or not it's still one of the nicest heads

I've seen on a Fallow in the UK.

Mike

I'm not disputing it's a nice head Mike, I can only speak from my own opinion and experience.

I know a lot of Deerstalkers and without a doubt those who shoot trophys in Parks would be in the minority.

Regards

"If that isn't a park deer, then it escaped from one! its got classic Petworth strain look to it. "

+1.

Got to be the highest scoring wild buck shot this year.

Which county was it taken?

Well done. Hope you paid for breakfast :lol:

Having worked with park deer for the first 15 years of my keepering career, I was asking about the coloration from a knowledgeable perspective, and as another pointed out, the antler configuration is very similar to Petworth bloodlines.

Nobody is pissing on the fire - well I am not!

Used to have foreign sportsman taking out my cull medal heads, and to be honest wouldn't want to pay to do it myself. But to some they thought it was great?

Most heads of that quality would be taken out on a rutting stand in Autumn, not in December, so that is why I guess we are enquiring. Unusual to take out such a trophy if it was in good health as part of a cull plan.

Just ignore if this post offends your trophy experience, anymore details?

Regards Grouse

Hi all

thank you for all your replys posative and negative.

First off I would like to say I am a true sportsman/hunter/stalker not a killer.

As from the age of about 13 I have always been involved in one way or another shooting, fishing, ferreting, lurchers, terriers there is not much i have not had a go at during my life time and in my latter life I have been involved professionally in pest control till my unfortunate early retirement. there is not much that walks, crawls. flies bites or stings that I do not have an interest in, I am not a part time shooter I live breath and anything else you can think of It is MY PASSION.

I am sad to note some of the comments but put this down to the 'green eyed monster' but you will always find that people who have not done/cannot do take a negative stance. If I personnally could not be posative I would not comment.

as a last note I would like to thank the following for there support:

TacB

Gaza6BR

and Ronny

and the very last note I wish you all on Varmint UK a merry christmas and a peaceful and happy new year

regards

MO3 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi all

thank you for all your replys posative and negative.

First off I would like to say I am a true sportsman/hunter/stalker not a killer.

As from the age of about 13 I have always been involved in one way or another shooting, fishing, ferreting, lurchers, terriers there is not much i have not had a go at during my life time and in my latter life I have been involved professionally in pest control till my unfortunate early retirement. there is not much that walks, crawls. flies bites or stings that I do not have an interest in, I am not a part time shooter I live breath and anything else you can think of It is MY PASSION.

I am sad to note some of the comments but put this down to the 'green eyed monster' but you will always find that people who have not done/cannot do take a negative stance. If I personnally could not be posative I would not comment.

as a last note I would like to thank the following for there support:

TacB

Gaza6BR

and Ronny

and the very last note I wish you all on Varmint UK a merry christmas and a peaceful and happy new year

regards

MO3 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chris

I really don't think you need to defend yourself or justify your hunting ethics to anyone mate. Don't let it concern you, other people are entitled to their opinion but it exactly that, their opinion. Your other posts on here should prove your hunting credibility if it were needed and having stalked and shot with you on many, many occasions I know that you wouldn't of taken the shot if everything wasn't right.

Cracking buck mate can't wait to see it on your wall ;)

Rich

Archived