free ballistic calculator on the net

• 4 months later...
I have used just about every one on the market from the freebies to my Nightforce Exbal. The best way to generate any drop chart is to use real life data gained in the field with your own rifle and ammo.

Get yourself a 4ft x 4ft target board, place it 100m away and gradually work your way back in 25m increments shooting 1 shot each time at the same target till you are 500m away. When you have completed this out to 500m you will have accurate real life custom data from your rifle and ammo that will enable you to generate accurate elevation drop from.

Obviously you will be better off doing this on a calm day when there is very little wind.

Having tried most of the ballistic software on the market I can honestly say that none of them have given me accurate data that I would feel comfortable relying on every time in every rifle on life targets.

There is a feature in Exbal so you can 'teach' it corrections. The program predicts, you then correct for real world drop data and Exbal then adjusts its calculations and drop table accordingly. So you can have the best of both worlds

Mark

There is a feature in Exbal so you can 'teach' it corrections. The program predicts, you then correct for real world drop data and Exbal then adjusts its calculations and drop table accordingly. So you can have the best of both worlds

Mark

I really liked this with exbal, very good idea,,,, something that a lot of others do not offer,,

really miss it, but due to my old pc going boobs up, i no-longer have it,,

This is were BD.s charts do shine,,,

and i snipe is not to far off the mark????

Darrel

I think he is talking about the "Trajectory Validation" facility within the software. When using exbal you load your rifles specific data for that specific bullet into the program, then when you field test the drops to check for accuracy. If the bullets are impacting lower or higher than exbal predicts you can use the trajectory validation function to make the software data and the real life match up.

I have the exbal software and have used it for a few years with a number of different rifles and calibers. I have come to the conclusion that exbal is ok but you must use real life data generated in the field and get exbal to mirror this data to get accurate drops for long range shooting. I have used my little 20 practical to hit targets as small as pigeons at ranges up to 400yds which is pretty good for a varminting caliber.

Windage is a whole different ball game.

Same as in the gseven program, but yes i agree get out there and shoot it for real.

Archived