Brock & Norris - Bullet Points

Thanks Mike, very interesting and informative video.

92763013403-Sierra-.224-50gr-Spitzer.JPG

I have used the 50 grain Sierra 1340 bullets a lot in my .222rem over the last 18 months on rabbits, hares, foxes and muntjac, I found them to be incredibly accurate but not particularly explosive. Myself and DazB have tried them together and whilst I stuck with them DazB went for 40 grain blitzkings because we found them more explosive on vermin and he didn't shoot munties with his 22cf. I have taken many munties with them and most shots were chest shots all of which made a small entry wound and an exit wound the size of a 5 pence, all dropped on the spot. I don't know if you were shooting them at higher velocities but in a .222rem at 3000fps I found them to be a very good muntie bullet.

All comments made on the video were based on experience of a hell of a lot of deer grassed by myself personaly and by mike alison . Plus guiding an awfull lot of clients using possibly every caliber one can think of. 3000 fet per second is moderate for 222 .. so count yourself lucky. Also watch the video again and understand that just because you can............. does not mean you should. Also look again at the context of maximising carcass revenue. once you start to push the sierras in the majority of 22s greater carcass damage will result. I am suprised that you ever manage to get any shooting done as you seem to post on every thread on here. :) Ps you never introduced yourself to me when you were inquiring about the 6mm swiss match rifle . ....rather poor form young man . most people have the courtesy to introduce themselves when phoning and making enquiries

Archived