30. 338 F class gun

dorg

• 3 months later...

taylor, any idea when the 195s hybrid would be available in the UK? I had a chat with my smith last wkend over a magnum 7mm and I would wait till these are out before deciding on chambering. We thought of 7wsm with the current bullet selection or else a 7RUM or 7/338...

wait till berger brings out the 195 grn 7mm hybrid and build a rifle around that ,i think that will be the wining combo ,like a 7-338 norma mag of some sort

or a 7wsm with the same bullet

the 30-338 is a big cannon and is powder hungry and will kick ass in the right hands i was thinking of building one for bad conditions or long range till berger anounced the 195 grn hybrid

i saving my money till then

proberly after the world champs in raton they be available to us over here but their will be a huge demand for them i realy want to get my hands on them to ,i have a sneeky feeling the will be using it at the worlds

i think the lap case is to big maby the norma would be better suited

Do you have any links about 7mm Norma Mag? how would that compare to the 7WSM?

tnks

RD

Google 7-338 Norma or 7-300 I am sure theirs info on snipers hide or long range hunting. Com

The wsm has been proven to work it takes some beetling

The bigger mags will only work when a bigger bullet comes out

As their to big for the 180s for long strings and no cleaning

That's when you rip bullets up

I think you will still get near 2950 with the 195 grn in wsm

But the bigger mags will get over 3k easily

Some folk push the 180s past 3100 easily in wsm

Hi Guys,

According to Michelle at Bergers, the new 195gr will not be ready in time for the Worlds.

A thin-jacketed 'hunting' version will be produced first but not until much later next year, then the target version.

That was the latest news in an email from her about 3 weeks ago.

Cheers.

when is berger planning to make this? i spoke to my smith about a 7-338 but i dont know which bullets besides the 185VLD would be usable that would withstand the velocities of the 7/338Lapua. I found mixed views on the velocities attainable with the 185VLD without tearing them apart.

It may well 'kick ass'.It will certainly kick clavicle!

I think possibly a 1:8 twist as the 189 cauterico was marginal in a 1:8.5 even at 2950fps.

So it looks like the Americans may unleash a not so secret weapon for the worlds ?I Read a post by Eric Stecker (berger bullets) which said that it could be a year or more before this bullet is produced and only if it works, I am a little suspect as the length and weight is right on the edge for a 7mm.

If we stock to standard proven bullets 180hybrid & VLD we will do fine.

Archived